The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

**How to Make an IC Sprayer**

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How to make a decent Co2 sprayer by Erik C.

If you look in my gallery then you've already noticed my custom made intercooler sprayer. It probably cost me less than 30$ to make. The most expensive part is the special Co2 release valve connected directly to the tank and the actual refillable Co2 tanks.

Process:

1. First i went to the nearest paintball shop and purchased a special Co2 valve for releasing the Co2 from the tank. I'm not sure exactly what its called. The paintballers use it to carry the tank on their waist wrather than on their gun. I paid 15$ but you could find them for cheaper on ebay.

2. Then i went to a hardware store and bought about 6-15 Ft of hosing. Heat resistant is preferred.

3. Then i bought a few hose clamps and some corresponding plumbing to connect to the Co2 release valve.

4. It's also a good idea to buy some sealent tape to tighten things up to prevent leaks.

5. Make sure the plumbing has a nipple that will fit from the release valve to the hose.

6. You will also need, depending on the size of your intercooler, some thin copper or aluminum pipe or tubing. Its very easy to bend and is sometimes located near all the plumbing stuff. I used this for the actual sprayer, as seen in my gallery.

7. Bend the piping in a spiral and drill very small holes every inch and a half on the side you want to face the IC.

8. Run the hosing through the firewall which is usually in between the battery and the intake manifold, down low.

9. I ran mine into my glove compartment.

10. Fit the sprayer peice you just drilled into the hosing and clamp it really tight. Also try to mount it the best you can with anything. Duct tape works.

11. Also make sure that your hosing is nowhere near any hot or moving parts.

12. Fill up your tanks and start sprayen.

Just remember that this took me a few weeks to perfect and i still dont see very much difference in performance. My one piece of advice i'd like to give is get a very large Co2 tank. The bigger the better! The store bought sprayers usually come with a 5 lb. tanks and the setup costs from 120 to 200 dollars. Be creative and have fun!

Requested By: InfamousEclipse

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back