The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink How to install GM MAFT with ECMLink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05Nissan350z

Proven Member
Oct 23, 2013
Canton, Ohio
hey everyone

I have a gm maft laying around in the basement and I want to put it on eventually.. Like this weekend would be titts. Now I know the maf is plug and play just plug the end of the plug into the maff and then to our factory plug right? But I don't know how to hook up to ecmlink. I have v3 full. Can anyone help out?

You will need the GM MAF cable from ECMTuning, or a MAF-T. What hp are you trying to achieve and why the GM MAF? If you are not going for over 600hp I would look into a Evo 8/9 MAF as a option.

If you already have the MAF-T and GM MAF, then yes, it should have the correct plug for the GM MAF and for your OEM MAF connector. Just install in between your BOV and throttle body and set up the settings in ECMLink to run the MAF-T.

Then you have a lot of dialing in to do with the MAF comp table.

Last edited:
Well I'm upgrading to a 20g here soon, and I've been wanting to vent to atmosphere for a while now LOL.

Is the Evo 8/9 MAF better than the 2g? Because that is what I have now.

Yes, the evo maf looks just like the 2g maf and will go in the same location. The evo maf reads a higher amount of airflow than the 2g will, but if you are not maxing out the 2g maf, it's not really a upgrade. If you just want to vent the bov, the gm maf is the "correct" way to do it.

yeah that's the only reason I want to do it for the most part haha. and to shorten up the intake! :D I'm going to have to wait till my tuner isn't busy in a couple weeks before I do it or imma be screwed forgot he was going on vacation for two weeks :( "must be nice". Thanks for the replies!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back