The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G How to install a vacuum pump with DSMLink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In this thread Ill show you how to install a vac pump. The reason you would do this is to help launches when your brakes cant hold you back. While sitting at the line with boost, there is no vacuum going to the booster. This is mainly for people with a auto trans.

You will need wire, wire strippers, crimpers, relay, hose, check valve, and the pump. You need find where you want to mount your pump. This is the pump I got.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You need to remove the hose at the brake booster. You need to put a T in this line. On the remaining two ports, one goes to the booster and the other is going to the pump. In the line going to the pump is where you need a check valve put in place. Remember the pump is providing vacuum.

Next you need to cut the plug off the pump and find another two pin connector. I used the same color wires so It would be easier to troubleshoot down the road. You need to wire the connector accordingly. This step isn't needed unless you wanted a plug and play system. Then you need to find a spot to run the wires through the firewall. I made a plate with a bulkhead going where my old clutch master went through. You can see in this image.

After this, you'll want to get a power wire. I have a fuse block getting supplied by my battery. I have a fuse between the battery and fuse block. And then the fuse block is secondary fuses for whatever you want in the future. Find a place to mount a relay.

You can use this diagram. I made a T for power rather than using 2 wires from the fuse block. You will want 12v power to pin 85 and 30. You need to run the positive wire from the pump to pin 87. The negative wire from the pump goes any ground on the car. Just find a old bolt to put the wire under.

Now we need to get the wire from the ECU. For the fuel pressure solenoid we use pin 3 which is blue with a red striper. For the EGR solenoid we use light green with red stripe. The EGR is pin 6. I chose to extend both these wires where I plan on putting another relay to save time later on. I chose to use the EGR. This wire needs to go on pin 86 on the relay.

Next we go on to dsmlink to confirm the install is good. You'll need to connect and go the the EGR or FPS tab. Set the values on the left side to 0. You can test multiple tps points. But I chose 5 for tps. You need to change the hg/ boost to what your ecuboost says in your log. Next with the car off but in ACC start a log. Then make sure the pump turns on and the relay clicks when you reach your desired TPS. After this you can fine tune as you need.

Remember the ecu switches to ground. You cant wire the relay like this AND use a switch. This is only for dsmlink control. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. This article also assumes you are not using your current EGR and FPS solenoid. I think by the time your wanting to do this install, you already ditched emissions and the stock FPR.

Last edited:
a few people do this for crank case vac also, my friend does the same when racing, it really helps to keep alot more oil in the pan vs the head. his failed once and it spew out oil everywhere! so they do work on a catch can type setup but this is also another good way to use them

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back