The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G How to install a AVCR on a 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok, first of all i would like to say that, i have been searching for way too long and i can't find any tutorial like this for 2g's, it's like none of us have avcr's for some reason all the 1g guys do. with that said, all the pictures go in order of steps. FIRST DISCONNECT THE BATTERY, and i just tried to upload the pics and the thing said they were too big, so if you guys need pics email me and i can hook you up.

step 1: find the point where the hose from your actuator and your turbo housing meet, and take that t adapter off, follow the tube all the way to the stock solenoid and disconnnect errything that goes to it, and take taht out.

step 2: connect one line coming from the housing hose, and one comming from the actuator to the big to small adapter that comes with your complete set of avcr stuff. the line from the actuator goes to teh nipple labeled COM, and the line from the housing goes to the nipple labeled NO.

step 3: find a moutning spot for your actuator that is fairly out of the way and not hot, i chose a ### spot and i need to find a better one, but you will so that mine is a nice spot if it would stay in place.

step 4: find a place near the firewall on the driver side to either screw in or ziptie your boost pressure sensor, then just tee it into that same place that you tee your boost guage, i reused the tee i got from teh actuator and housing in step one cause that wa the best fit.

step 5: now this is teh part that pissed me off the most, getting the huge connectors through the fire wall, i got them through buy just cutting them and reconnecting them on the other end, it broke my heart but i had to do it, if you can finda better way let me know and i'll post it cuase this way sucks.

step6: tap the ecu, i took a picture but i dont think it helps, but in the wiring manual it shows you where and what colors are what, if you need that let me know an i'll scan that for you guys, so yeah just tap those colors on the ecu and you are done. everything should be good.

step 7: mount and pass some wires through places to where you want and you are good to go.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME HOW TO TUNE THIS THING CASUE I HAVE NO DAMN CLUE, I USED MINE TO LOWER THE BOOST SO I WOULDNT FUEL CUT, AND NOW MY TURBO IS SPIKING LIKE A MOFO.

DONT BE SHY, ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT WHATEVER [email protected], aim me at redmaynsfasho, or call me at 9168333277 and i'll walk you through it, i think this is teh only tutorial that you guys are gonna find for a while so if it sucks sorry lemme know what to change and i'll change it.

IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT THERE IS A GROMET ON THE PASSENGER SIDE THAT PEOPLE CLAIM IS EASIER TO PUT THE WHOLE CONNECTORS THROUGH, I HAVEN'T FOUND IT YET BUT JUST GIVING A HEADS UP.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back