The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G HOW TO: Hardwire Speed Density (MAP&AIT) and Flex Fuel sensors to MAF wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm going to show you how to hard-wire your SD kit and Flex Fuel sensors instead of using an adapter harness for those either redoing their engine harness or you simply don't have the funds for the adapter harness.

There was very little information on MAF wiring that I could find but maybe I wasn't using the right keywords..
Regardless, here's credit to this thread for having what I needed:
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-maft-wiring-diagram-very-simple.442096/
After reviewing that thread, I then traced all the MAF wires across my harness to confirm where they went.
There is a diagram that includes the ECU pin #'s a few pictures down if you're making a new harness.
My car is a 98 GSX- your wire colors may vary but the positions of the wires should be the same.

First thing you want to do is make an even cut across all the MAF wires to cut the plug off.
I spread mine out so you can easily see the colors of each although they'll be listed below.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here is the pinouts for the MAF harness.
Wires should be installed as seen in the pic below(looking from the back side)
For example, the top MAP sensor plug would get the black #5 wire in the top left hole, green/yellow #1 wire in the top right hole, and the orange #2 wire in the bottom center hole.
Note: If you're using a Omni MAP, you'll have to figure out the wiring yourself as my setup is for an AEM 5 bar MAP sensor.
You will solder or crimp 2 wires onto the black #5 wire because the ground is used on both the AIT and MAP plugs.
On the ethanol sensor, you will run its own separate ground from the center - pin.
Do NOT tie it in with the #5 ground wire because it's a 5v ground and ECMtuning says not to, periodt.
#7 will not be used so you can just heat shrink it to prevent any shorts and if you're not going to be installing the flex fuel sensor either, go ahead and heat shrink #3&4 wires as well.

This diagram may be easier to read for some...

I ran out of time to actually crimp the wires and install them but I will update the thread after I've done so and also include ECMLink instructions on how to log these values.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back