The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

How to get car running after 2g MAFS to begin initial tuning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXpower

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2003
Nashua, Iowa
I just installed my 2g MAFS, and I know I got the wires right, but when I started my car it ran like total crap, and wouldn't stay running. I have a SAFC but I can't start tuning for the 2g MAFS if my car won't stay running. I thought that the car would at least run without any tuning, or do I have to guess and tune before I instal my 2g MAFS? I am back on the stock set up and it's running fine. Anyone out there instal a 2G MAFS and it ran without any tuning? Any help is appreciated.

First of all, is the car throwing a CE light? Make sure that all of the wiring is right before you worry about anything else.

You want to add about 20% on the SAFC, but don't leave it like that. Tune it right away.

My 1G with 2G MAS cranked right up with 550's no tuning.

By adding 550's you were in the right range. The 550s made you richer and the 2g mas made you leaner. They were close enough for the car to start and run.

Without adding injectors (GSXpower), you will simply be lean. Thats why kpt said to add 20% fuel. It is doing the same thing as adding the 550s in terms of immediate fuel delivery and will allow the car to start and run.

That makes sense to me, I don't have any CEL lights, it was just poping and running crappy, sounds lean to me. I have 550's to instal also, I might try throwing them both on at the same time and hope she runs, otherwise I will just have to tune the SAFC first. Thanks!

as long as you have all the honey combe in your 2g mas, then it should start with 550s untuned. but dont leave it that way, get your logger and start tuning as soon as the car is warmed up.

my car on the other hand, has the lower combs hacked out of my 2g mas, with 550s im at like +27 at idle and about +3 across the high map.

Alright, I instaled the 550's and the 2g mas and it ran kinda crappy still, and I put the lower honeycomb back in and cha ching it ran like a charm. I guess when they say to leave them in they know what they are talking about.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back