The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

How to get a title

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboosted1g

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2010
washington, Michigan
Ok this is completely unrelated to dsms but I figured one of you could help me. Ok so I just got a 50cc yamaha razz moped it didn't run when I got it but I fixed it:hellyeah: it has all lights but no title. Is their any way I can file for a lost title so I can rip this baby around in the summer. Premium prices are gonna kill me.

You need a title? Here in SD at least anything under 50cc just needs insurance, no tags or registration.

At first I thought your title said: How to Get a Tittie. I was like WTF????

HAHAHA! I thought it said "How to get a tittie" too . . . glad Im not the only erv in ther forums . . . . . :D ROFL

Get a frame with a title and swap it all over.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sorry, forgot to answer the question. . . As far as the title, a bill of sale from the person that you bought it from should be enough for you to get a title. If all else fails it will never hurt to ask your local dmv or tag agency. :thumb:

I don't know how it works in your state but this is how it works in mine..You can send out for a lost title, that will take about 6 weeks..Or you can head to your state dmv office and hopefuly have one in a couple hours depending on the wait.You will needa bill of sale of some sort from the person you got it off of...Also here in my state anything over 50cc's you have to get a motor cycle license..And like stated before you will need registration, and insuarance, which should be cheap..

Thanks guys I'm gonna go to the secretary of state some time this week. I can't wait till it's warm out so I can ride my $20 moped LOL.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys I'm gonna go to the secretary of state some time this week. I can't wait till it's warm out so I can ride my $20 moped LOL.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

secretary of state? idk you state laws but in CT anything 50cc and under all you need a drivers license you dont need reg or insurance

Well, what I've heard is;

1.) Go to DMV and tell them you are looking for a title for a car you just got.
2.) You give them the Vin and they can give you the last registered owner.
3.) You send a certified letter to prior owner
4.) Wait.
5.) If you receive either No response, or a favorable response, the car is yours.
6.) Apply for a title.

Just hope it was never stolen and reported.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I just went through this. You have to get a form from the MVA. You fill it out with the previous owners information (License number, address, ect) along with the vehicle information. They will mail a new title over to the previous owner. Then the previous owner will have to sign it over to you. This will take about a month or two.

I did this for a Jeep Cherokee. They process may be different for a moped. Either way, I would visit the MVA/DMV.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back