The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G How to fix hyper flash when using LED bulbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little break down on why and how i got to this stage.
My cars in the UK so we are similer to EU rules and regs so we have only Amber indicators in the rear but when the car was imported so many years ago they rewired some bits took some wires out for the rear and it needed tidying up.

So I lost the 4 rear bulbs that are USA regs for brake and indicator, the front wings get side markers and the bumper marker was an indicator. When i recently redid the wiring to get rid of old wires and clean it up i ditched a few bulbs as i dont need them no more and this caused me some issues even before LED bulbs! I bought some LED bulbs that had build in resisters but clearly were not enough for the system and not able to compensate for it.

The fix is simple and easy and its less then $5 to do and its hidden!!!

The oem Loop thats normally in this spot adds 1ohm of resistance which is fine for filament type bulbs but not good for LED ones.
The new unit adds 6ohms of resistance and is good for 50watts so plenty of power to spare and can cover a good amount of LED bulbs inline.

Really simple to do! Desolder the oem loop and solder in the new one! Its that simple. This should take care of most of your needs as its a fairly decent sized unit. I made a small slit on the housing for the wires to sit through when its all capped back up and taped it down.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Don't know if they will ship to the UK? But I used this relay and have no issues, I have all led around the car. works good.

Don't know if they will ship to the UK? But I used this relay and have no issues, I have all led around the car. works good.
Talons got the 3 pins but the Eclipse got the module and its not an easy swap to convert. We dont have it as easy as the Talon owners LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back