The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

How to data log AEM X series gauges with ECMLINK V3 on a 1g DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I Y G Josh

Probationary Member
May 20, 2020
Murrieta, California
Good evening everyone, this is my first post/thread and if it is not allowed I am sorry and please let me know but, I have a quick question regarding AEM gauges compatibility with ECMLINK V3 on a 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. The AEM gauges I am interested in purchasing are the AEM X-SERIES WIDEBAND UEGO AIR/FUEL RATIO SENSOR CONTROLLER GAUGE, AEM X-SERIES BOOST DISPLAY GAUGE: -30IN/HG~60PSI / -1~4BAR, and the AEM X-SERIES OIL PRESSURE GAUGE: 150 PSI / 10 BAR. My question is, are these AEM gauges I listed compatible with a 91-94 ECU (MD166262) that has ECMLINK V3 installed. Also, for data logging on ECMLINK V3 which, ECU pins/wires would I have to tap with each of the three AEM gauges I listed above? Also, I have tried searching for answers to these questions but, could not find any. The only help I found for these questions was for 2g dsms. Also, I have attached a diagram for the 1g turbo DSM ECU Pinouts, I hope its accurate.Thank you.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Links to gauges: https://www.extremepsi.com/store/AE...O-Air-Fuel-Ratio-Sensor-Controller-Gauge.html, https://www.extremepsi.com/store/AEM-X-Series-Boost-Display-Gauge-30in-Hg-60psi-1-4bar.html, https://www.extremepsi.com/store/AEM-X-Series-Oil-Pressure-Gauge-150-PSI-10-Bar.html.

Last edited:
For a 1g, I have my wideband to the EGR pin, MAP to Barometric and oil pressure isn't logged but merely set to a gauge in car. I use egr for wideband because it allows you to run stock o2 as well.

For a 1g, I have my wideband to the EGR pin, MAP to Barometric and oil pressure isn't logged but merely set to a gauge in car. I use egr for wideband because it allows you to run stock o2 as well.
Okay, thank you for the response but, I have a few more questions if that’s okay. Just to double check is your wideband connected to pin 53 or pin 15? Also, is your boost gauge connected to pin 16? And would you by any chance know which pin to tap for data logging oil pressure? My guess is pin 57.

EGR would be pin 15, boost 16. There aren't enough inputs to log oil pressure as you need the rest of the inputs. You COULD get rid of your stock o2 and replace it with the wideband and then run oil pressure to egr for example. I prefer to run both the wideband and stock o2. I wouldn't hookup the oil pressure. Just monitor at the gauge.

EGR would be pin 15, boost 16. There aren't enough inputs to log oil pressure as you need the rest of the inputs. You COULD get rid of your stock o2 and replace it with the wideband and then run oil pressure to egr for example. I prefer to run both the wideband and stock o2. I wouldn't hookup the oil pressure. Just monitor at the gauge.
Okay, thanks a lot Vegas smith, I really appreciate the help. Nice DSM btw.

I have a quick caviate to this post when I first installed and went wire up my wideband to log when I tied it into the pin something started to go wonky like a shit ton of clicking started going on and lost power to my radio and what not idk if I just tied it in wrong or if im gonna have to go wire chasing beforw I attempt to tie it in again. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back