The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How to Arm your car and Turbo time it with a remote start alarm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is the procedure I use to arm my 98 GST that has a AsianWolf remote start alarm or also more commonly known as Scytek. I would assume this procedure will work for other brands of remote start alarms as well. This particular alarm would not let me arm the alarm if the turbo timer is counting down even if I cut the ignition signal wire. So what I do is shut the car off, lock it, remote start it, and remote shutdown. Here are the steps outlined more clearly:

Step 1: Set your turbo timer for how long you want to time it (30 seconds is good for most normal driving unless you just got off the freeway and want to shut it down)

Step 2: Shut down car (might need to manually override your turbo timer)

Step 3: Exit the car

Step 4: Arm the alarm

Step 5: Remote start the car

Step 6: Remote shutdown

Now your car is turbo timing itself with the doors locked (assuming you have power doors locks or you locked your doors) and armed. Have a nice day =)

There are other things you can do especially with those alarms that have really good remote control range like the pager alarms. You can walk away and when you hear your car turn off just arm it, your car will be vulnerable in that time your away though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back