The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

How to adjust a 1g's throttle position sensor(tps)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarmichael

10+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2011
Greenwood, Indiana
I have searched on google, couldn't find a end all acceptable adjustment. basically with dsm link. I can get my car to adjust zero to 100 with it off on tps adjust. however once I turn the car on with the set values, it goes to 1 percent and my tps is saying(.67v). so in my eyes it has to be the tps sensor its self out of adjustment.

which lead me to vfaq(ohm theory)
also several threads on here( volts theory)

my question is which option do I use?

With ECMLink you want .63V and you should set it with the engine running if you can. I noticed about .02-.04V difference between shut off (12V battery) and running (13.5V).

I see so my best bet is to drive it and give it full throttle and then after I am done just do the tps adjust then? I have tried about everything else, besides actually measuring the tps and adjusting it mechanically.

Here is the manual way: TPS Adjustment. With v3 there is a built in TPS Adjust. With the key on, engine off, logging, press the throttle all the way to the floor and release. Then right click on the datalog screen and select TPS Adjust and it will automatically adjust it from 0-100 based on the log.

thats the way I have been doing it, only problem is with it just in the on position after I have done the tps adjust several times it will read zero and 100 no problem. however once I turn the car on it reads 1 percent always. no matter how many times I do the adjust it stays at 1 percent.

THIS video shows how to use Link to compensate for a poorly adjusted TPS just like Nate said to do.

My Crazy TPS does exactly the same thing. I've use the TPS adjust from the dsmlink to correct it but it still does it unless you blip the throttle. I found out that it is the spring mechanism from my IG throttle body is too tight, sort of unable to rewind completely unless you pull the accelerator paddle up with your feet for like 1/4 of an inch. Just got my 1G throttle body rebuild and I don't really feel like taking it apart and buying new gasket.:aha:

awesome thanks guys, if dropping the actual offset down a few points doesn't help I will switch to the mechanical aspet of it.

thanks agian
Josh

it adjusted down, then I went for a cpl cruises to try and get my sd cruise set up. can anyone give me an idea on these I am running quite lean at certain points.

Attachments

• log.2012.03.18-25.elg
    216 KB · Views: 259
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back