The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

How safe is it to run pump gas if I've been running E-85 without changing tune?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spadepro22

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Seneca, South_Carolina
Had a out the blue job change and I can't get a hold of My1GDSM ( said something about a network crash or something). We have been retuning on E-85 and I can't find it anywhere in the Charlotte area. Question is, will I be safe to go back to 93 on the E-85 tune as long as I don't get on it? If anyone knows of some places that sells E-85 in the Charlotte area please let me know asap.

Spade,

I'm assuming your fuel pressure is 43psi with the vac line unhooked, and your cas is at 5*btdc.

What I'm saying is that if you don't have the ability to change the tune in the ecu, dialing the fuel pressure back to like 30 will lean it out so it doesn't run over rich. Then if you set the cas back to like 0*btdc - 5*atdc, that will take like 5*-10* out of it to keep it from knocking if it does get into boost.

This is a temporary bandaide, and when you can retune for 93, you would reverse these changes.

That being said, my E85 pump is 15mi from home and I usually run it low and put a couple gallons of 93 in and drive it to the pump without retuning. It doesn't run great but it's not a deal breaker. It's plenty fat, but closed loop will take care of most of it.

I would still take some fuel pressure out of it. Untill you can get it tuned.

Spade,

I'm assuming your fuel pressure is 43psi with the vac line unhooked, and your cas is at 5*btdc.

What I'm saying is that if you don't have the ability to change the tune in the ecu, dialing the fuel pressure back to like 30 will lean it out so it doesn't run over rich. Then if you set the cas back to like 0*btdc - 5*atdc, that will take like 5*-10* out of it to keep it from knocking if it does get into boost.

This is a temporary bandaide, and when you can retune for 93, you would reverse these changes.

That being said, my E85 pump is 15mi from home and I usually run it low and put a couple gallons of 93 in and drive it to the pump without retuning. It doesn't run great but it's not a deal breaker. It's plenty fat, but closed loop will take care of most of it.

I would still take some fuel pressure out of it. Untill you can get it tuned.

ok, thanks....I may just have to try it if I run low. I brought a 5 gallon jug with me and if I can make it through the week and have enough I may just add some 93 until I cross back to SC and refill with E-85.

Had a out the blue job change and I can't get a hold of My1GDSM ( said something about a network crash or something). We have been retuning on E-85 and I can't find it anywhere in the Charlotte area. Question is, will I be safe to go back to 93 on the E-85 tune as long as I don't get on it? If anyone knows of some places that sells E-85 in the Charlotte area please let me know asap.

Wait what's going on with Stacy? I have a tune scheduled with him next month LOL

He's using a new operating system I believe and was testing it with my son. I too have a tune paid for, but the car isn't ready yet. He is working the bugs out of the new system is what my son told me. I need to get with him and get on a schedule as soon as I get the fluids and a handful of wires finished on my water/meth setup on the car.

He's using a new operating system I believe and was testing it with my son. I too have a tune paid for, but the car isn't ready yet. He is working the bugs out of the new system is what my son told me. I need to get with him and get on a schedule as soon as I get the fluids and a handful of wires finished on my water/meth setup on the car.

I've paid and we were in the middle of tuning. Can't even get a response. That's not like him, but at least let me know something. Been a few weeks and I've emailed quite a few times.

Last edited:
No that's not like him at all. Very prompt usually. I am asking my son if he has talked with him lately and how to get in touch, since I need to also. I will post back as soon as I hear something. Cross fingers!!

If you're in north charlotte there is a place in Lexington, a Gulf gas station that has E-85. Up off 85 about 30 min ride from Concord.

I'm having the same issues with him. witch is weird because I have been using him for the last 4 years. I think im just going to hit the dyno to get my car finished. We were in the middle of my evo re-tune and he disappeared with no return date or communication.

I'm having the same issues with him. witch is weird because I have been using him for the last 4 years. I think im just going to hit the dyno to get my car finished. We were in the middle of my evo re-tune and he disappeared with no return date or communication.

I still haven't heard from him.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back