The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

How rare is my 1G Talon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swishsam

Probationary Member
Jul 10, 2005
Vancouver, B.C._Canada
Hi, I have a 1991 Grey Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5 spd. It has 114,000kms and has tan leather interior with power everything.

How rare is this version of the car??

your right no rare dsm's.unless your looking for parts at a junk yard, then there all rare.I cant find one in a salvage yard for 250 miles.Funny how that always happens.

all the cars are rare. :thumb: its more of the good drivers that are rare-arer.. haha
i just wanted to add my crazy writing tooo. haha

95bLaCkGsTuRbO said:
No. It's not like that. There is a lot of respect on this site. But if you are going to throw crap around saying we respond like we drive civic's then you better be prepared to deal with it. We gave you a straight forward answer. There are no rare DSM's. Someone pointed out that there's had 100,000 miles and it was like yours and you cameback with a smart@ss comment. You'll just get used to it after a while. Or you'll have a phsycotic episode and we won't hear from you again.

To tell you the truth there is not a lot of respect on this site. There are just as many dicks on dsmtuners as there are anywhere. The guy asked a question in the newbie forum wondering if his car was rare or not and the first person to respond (which was a moderator )gave him a smart ass answer. Had Defiant just said no your car was not rare then it all would have ended there. I thought the whole reason for starting the rookie thing was so that people could come and post questions and not get blasted. I dont know about where you live but a lot of the dsm people where i live are whack as hell. I think ive met more cool honda people then i have DSM people. Oh and just so you know, before i drove a DSM i had a CRX. The only reason I dont have a CRX any more is because Honda does not make an AWD or a RWD CRX. :dsm: :thumb:

Yes your car is rare. Hell all turbo awd DSM's are rare. Can we supply numbers as to How Rare a certain combo is....no. I am sure Mitsubishi has the actual numbers somewhere, but finding or obtaining them will be beyond belief hard.

I recommend grabbing the most desirable combo's of DSMs while you can, if you can $$$.

I'd damn near pay retail for a 1999 Double Black (I/E) GSX 5 spd with low miles.

Wait till all you young guys sell your DSM and 10 years on down the road go searching for "one just like you used to have".

MSRP will be a bargain for a clean example.

So yeah, all Turbo AWD DSM's are rare.

gsxtacy

For those of you who are saying the original poster got flamed by a moderator, you have to take into consideration it was Defiant, he is our sites official all around smart ... (you get the picture) I've had my own runins with him but hey thats why we all love him. or errr at least put up with him

ahahaha i have a rear dsm, i have a 92 plymouth laser awd 6/4 combo wit 117k on it :D

SBstar said:
For those of you who are saying the original poster got flamed by a moderator, you have to take into consideration it was Defiant, he is our sites official all around smart ... (you get the picture) I've had my own runins with him but hey thats why we all love him. or errr at least put up with him

yea but not everyone knows that.

Rare DSM =
95 Wildberry AWD (few hundred made)
95 Lime Green AWD Talon/eclipse (few hundred made)

Rare DSM's....What about those very few Red 1G's that came with the Gullwing Doors??? I'm pretty sure it was a Japanese ONly Promotional thing but whatever

gsxtacy said:
I am sure Mitsubishi has the actual numbers somewhere, but finding or obtaining them will be beyond belief hard.

gsxtacy

This is exactly true, the reason why this hasn't been discussed is DSM's are not yet classic cars. That's all there is to this question, nobody here has an accurate response and it's understandable why there isn't. THere are records, but these have not become public knowledge because there hasn't been the hardcore interest for somebody to track them down and invest their time. And to those that say there are no rare turbo-DSM's, there already are indications there are, there just aren't many who have opened their eyes to this question yet. So go and find a 99 GSX.

marcmsj said:
Rare dsm = 92 plymouth laser rs awd with 6 bolt engine, 4 bolt rear, abs and lsd :thumb:
I have too, plus sunroof, and power everything
:thumb: :laser:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back