The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

How often do you wash your car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black91TSiAWD

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2004
Binghamton, New_York
Counting your DSM, DD, wifeys car, etc etc. And which method do you usually use? Laser Wash? DIY bay? Your yard at home?

Im putting alot of thought into opening a car wash in my home town, where there hasnt been a car wash since my family owned it last about 20 years ago.

Im thinking about doing one laser bay and one or two DIY bays and would like some genpop ideas about what you do and how often you do.

Lets hear it, im tired of always working for someone else :rocks:

Generally i like to wash my own car. you can actually see where it needs a little extra love if/when it needs it. Sometimes i take it to a laser bay. its prob just me but i hate those diy bays. theyre always too dark and your limited on how much work you can get done unless you keep feeding them more and more money. hell i might as well do it at home.

that may just be me.

I think i change the oil more often than i wash it.

It gets washed every few months. She's a dirty girl.

I'd come to your car wash, considering the location ;) I'm not a fan of those laser washes, but I always go to the ones where you spray it down yourself.

I let mother nature was my cars for me.

when i had a hose at my disposal i would wash my car every saturday. but now living in an apartment complex and not having a hose to myself i go to the diy bays every two or three weeks. i do not like the laser washes because you spend a decent amount of money and when you get home there are all these water spots and dirty rims that you have to live with. when you wash yourself you make sure that everything is tip top and looking its best.

i prefer doing it myself with my preferred car soap(Meguiars Gold Class) which is basically amazing and leaves your car so clean it looks like you waxed it. was surprised myself but i love it. No car wash place(diy or laser car wash) can wash my car like i can. when im in a rush for a cleaner car i stop by the DIY bay and wash it real quick but thats rare..i wash mine myself once a week and a quick wax after. clean as hell!

Counting your DSM, DD, wifeys car, etc etc. And which method do you usually use? Laser Wash? DIY bay? Your yard at home?

Im putting alot of thought into opening a car wash in my home town, where there hasnt been a car wash since my family owned it last about 20 years ago.

Im thinking about doing one laser bay and one or two DIY bays and would like some genpop ideas about what you do and how often you do.

Lets hear it, im tired of always working for someone else :rocks:

I wash my car very often. About twice a week. But I try to slow down. Then I wash my wifes car twice a month. I'm a clean freak and I can't stand driving a dirty nice looking car. I bought almost every carwash product out there including the expensive stuff they wash hundred thousand dollar cars with. I also have a nice horse hair brush to not scratch my car. I also have a souped up karcher pressure washer.
I was thinking about going back to school for business to open my own carwash company. Everyone who see's me wash cars say I have a great potential for washing cars.
At work when I go deposit money at the bank. I see people depositing thousands of dollars from their ownership company. I envy them and I also asked myself....I'm tired of working for someone!

I wash my car my self. Like someone said above you can see where it needs a little more cleanin etc and you can take your time, I even go into the grooves of under the trunk/hood, and dust wipe off my engine bay when I have the extra time. I use to clean it obsessively. This year I have slowed down and if there is not at least close to a week of rain free weather then I wont bother because it makes me mad when you wash it and it rains later that day or even the next day or even a few days later. I dont have a garage or another vehicle to drive in the summer to avoid the rain like some people.

I hear you about working for someone else. I wouldn't mind having my own car wash. It looks like fun work. There's a guy who owns one of the local car washes and he's out there everyday keeping the place clean and emptying the money. When he's done, he gets on his Harley and drive home. Sometimes, he even brings his family out there to help him. Two of his four bays have hand-held air dry guns and there's also a pet washing room.

I wash my own cars. I use the bay's at a local wash because it's quick and easy. I wash my cars maybe once in a two week period. They always stay clean because I use a wet chamois every few days to keep them clean in between washes. I wash them more often if I have traveled on the highway.

I usually wash my srt about every 2-3 days, LOL. I think the longest was maybe a week in the winter that i went. I wax it like once a month too.
I smoke in the car so I change air fresheners about once every 1-2 weeks as well as vacuum every time i wash.

My old beater integra i had, i washed it like once a year.
When i had my 1g, i washed it like once a week. I had to wash all the hand prints on the front end from working on it all the time, LOL

In the good weather i typically always hand wash unless im in a huge hurry. In the winter i go to the stalls and use the high pressure with no brush or anything.

We used to have a local gas stations "master code" and could get washes for free whenever, but they caught on eventually

About once a week I wash it and clean the interior at home. About every 3ish months I'll do a complete detail from wash to clay to paint cleaners then waxing. All meguiar's stuff of course.

I used to do the DIY places but started to get pricey, and as most have said, I can take my time at home with more detail.

Because I'm half way lazy I usually do the laser wash right down the street the cheap one without wax then drive it home and hand wax it. I do wax my car pretty much every time I wash it though.

At least once a week. If it rains or snows, I don't take it out and wait until we have a nice dry day. Haven't waxed her since I've owned her. (Giggidy) Usually my wheels get the most dirt/dust on them so It's pretty excessive during the summer.

I wash my cressida at least twice a week when it's on the road. My eclipse has been washed once. No point in washing my probe. Usually when I have a nice looking car at least twice a week.

There is a car wash downtown that charges 4.00 for unlimited time, Best pressure, best soap, and the spotfree rinse is the shit.

In the winter I go to a DIY bay and in the summer I wash the cars in the driveway.

I wash the Talon in the diy bays in the winter because the water is warm, I can do it quickly, and the pressure washer gets the salt off the underneath and wheel wells better than I could do at home.

The Eclipse only gets washed in the summer once it gets dusty. Always at home.

I wash mine every sat. If it gets real dirty between that time i wash her again. I have always gone to a DIY but lately ive been going to a $3 wash, drive it through and its all pretty, and free vaccum. although last time i went the brush that goes over the car, took my rear wiper....LOL

It was usually just a cleaning when it rained out. Every now and then it would go into an automatic wash but that was rare.

I havent washed my car for at least 6-8 monthes....It's never out of the garage long enough to take a bath LOL....you dont want to see it right now either....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back