The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

How often do you HATE your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boost97gst

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 2, 2012
st jacob, Illinois
Im in a "slump" i guess. Im 12k deep and i can see about a million more things i gotta do. Good money after bad, 1 problem after another.

Im seriously wondering why i didnt go with plan B: 02 Camaro SS built N/A stroked and pumping out 500whp, but thats 500 DEPENDABLE whp, not tweaking shit constantly and waiting for leaks and dealing with an old mitsu.

I know im being negative but i want to hear from everyone: Is your DSM currently up, half way up, down? For you guys pushing 500whp: How often do you just hate the ####ing thing?? LOL

Im just ranting i guess but im genuinely curious what the average love:hate ratio is

I see a million things wrong with mine. But it's not my only car, it don't matter if it takes me 4 more years to do what I want done, I'm gonna take my time and try to do everything right.

My 90 GSX was my only car, and yeah I hated it. I called it the white devil for a reason. Just pop on over to the Arkansas members sub forum and read about 50 pages of agony on that car, from two different members LOL. But I did get into a hurry on some things so I never really blamed the car.

This is a old post of my self I dug up. LOL I was a lil green around the ears.

Yes yes I know typing in a fit of rage!
####ing.goddamn piece of shit..... my intake.manifold is leaking....... don't ask, I have no.clue. brand.new gasket..... so dissapointing. Did my.first blt. Fixxed all the leaks to hold up to 25 psi (I couldn't hold the pipe closed with my hand) . And wondered why my system wasn't pressurising then heard it coming underneath the intake. Its hard to tell of its my HG but I doubt it is.... if I change the gasket and it doesnt fix it. Il probably.off this mother####er. Sorry for the language its one after the other after the other after the ####ing other.

I really feel for the guys who mod these cars and try to DD them. If i didnt have other daily dr4ivers i wouldnt own a dsm for reliability. I had a 420a i used as a dd and it went 225k zero problems

I see a million things wrong with mine. But it's not my only car, it don't matter if it takes me 4 more years to do what I want done, I'm gonna take my time and try to do everything right.

My 90 GSX was my only car, and yeah I hated it. I called it the white devil for a reason. Just pop on over to the Arkansas members sub forum and read about 50 pages of agony on that car, from two different members LOL. But I did get into a hurry on some things so I never really blamed the car.

This is a old post of my self I dug up. LOL I was a lil green around the ears.

Yes yes I know typing in a fit of rage!

I feel ya! I have the same issues, it is always the motor and damn bearings, I spun them like 8 times. I would rush as well because it was my daily, but now that I have a daily, I'm going to try and do this once, and do it right!

To OP. I love my car, don't even hate working on it. I just hate that it takes all my money. Hard to justify it as an investment no matter how much I want it.

Never, and my GSX is my daily driver. But I also have a 1996 Saturn that gets 35 mpg with ice cold AC that I drive when something comes up with the DSM. I love that car, all 100 horsepower of it. :thumb:

Never, and my GSX is my daily driver. But I also have a 1996 Saturn that gets 35 mpg with ice cold AC that I drive when something comes up with the DSM. I love that car, all 100 horsepower of it. :thumb:

I should of kept mine stock, and found a slightly less clean one to build. Sure I would have less of a headache now.

A 2g dsm was my dream car(low expectations anyone?? LOL) since i was 16. That was 96. I decided not to get in the dsm game after reading on it until i knew i had plenty of cash to throw at it and time. Ive got maybe 5k miles on my car since i bought it 2yrs ago. Now its time to gut all the engine bay wiring and put in new and pretty it up some. I went with these bosch 1600s and thats where my woes began. Im putting my pte1000s back in. Still staying on e85 tho, just keep the boost down to around 20.

I regret not getting awd as well. Theres a absolutely MINT shell of a 99 for 1000 near me but i just cant justify it. Then itll need paint and body work after having just done all that to mine. Ah well, new wiring, 2150 FIC"s, NOT boschs some good comfy stock seats and i might start enjoying this whore of a car again.

My 06 lincoln LS spoils me, that thing is sweet and if i need speed my 09 10r just got some love in the form of a full yosh system and a power commander 5. LOL, i gots toys hehehe

Never, the boost makes up for everything :)

Close to 500hp and shes been up for months

However.... There was one time when i was installing my shep and clutch i forgot to grease the input shaft... Noticed that after te trans was back on the car and the motor mounts were bolted and torqued, right as i was putting the skatter shield on, i start thinking. Shit did i grease that shit? I greased the pivot ball" well long story short the trans came back off and everything got greased properly.
I hate myself, not the car. There was a few j's involved that day though.... LOL

Every goddamn day. I talk nice to her, I'll wash and wax her and feed her 93 octane but she rears her ugly head and ####s me every other week..

Every goddamn day. I talk nice to her, I'll wash and wax her and feed her 93 octane but she rears her ugly head and ####s me every other week..

hahahaha, some member on here once called his car a "whore", i couldnt agree more LOL.

Had a few of these cars but this last one is putting me through it. With the time money and miscellaneous things it may be time to scrap it and buy something new.

hahahaha, some member on here once called his car a "whore", i couldnt agree more LOL.

This bi*** is such a gold digger Kanye west wrote a song about her.. I throw on a brand new 3" turbo back and all of a sudden the whore go's lean above 5k rpm and boost creep is being a bi***. She is always on her period..

This bi*** is such a gold digger Kanye west wrote a song about her.. I throw on a brand new 3" turbo back and all of a sudden the whore go's lean above 5k rpm and boost creep is being a bi***. She is always on her period..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What if I told you - that's just how improving VE by reducing turbine backpressure and not tuning for it works.

:toobad:

You are really going to hate your car for something you caused when it starts melting valves or detonating because you haven't addressed the problem.

How often? Never.

Granted, I don't own one...

It can handle 18 psi. I have all supporting mods and fuel system, just need to rewire my pump. The lean after 5k is just that. only after 5k so I don't drive it hard right now. The two runs I did that the afr's went lean it didn't even knock.

^ That wouldn't work. Something tells me Lando would research common mistakes, follow VFAQ write ups, and take care of maintenance before modifying. So I doubt we would ever hear much (more) from him. :)

I want Lando's car. I think hyundai has been producing some really good looking cars lately. Then again, id buy it, put 10k in mods and then shit would break. Though not as often im sure. Its new! Not 16 yrs old

Ive got too many cars and just dumped 10k on my bathroom remodeling. DSM is on the back burner at the moment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back