The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G How much teardown to change flex plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
Before I take a bunch of stuff off I don't need to, Need to put in a new upgraded flex plate, appears to me I need separate the passenger front suspension remove transfer case and misc items. Sound about right?

Last edited:
Downpipe, T-case, inspection cover, old flex plate bolts, PS axle, trans mounts (2g has 3), starter, trans to block bolts. I would then drop the trans out the bottom with a cherry picker. But you might also have to remove the fore/aft brackets from the trans to drop it (my 1g has 3 motor mounts & only 1 trans mount to remove, making this^ easier in a 1g)

This would also be a good time to think about a torque convertor... "since you're in there"

Everything needed to pull the transmission is involved in replacing the flex plate. It's not too hard but they are heavy. I just killed a trans and had to change mine out this weekend. Hope you ate your wheaties LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back