The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

How much should a 1999 Eclipse GS with 184,000 miles go for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drverdugo10

Probationary Member
Aug 6, 2021
Illinois
I found a 1999 eclipse gs for sale and the car has 184,000 miles on it and he said he doesn’t have a price yet he wants me to shoot him an offer. What would be a reasonable price?

If it's a rust free car with rust free strut towers and decent paint and interior you'd be looking at 3,000-5,000. Without more details its hard to say.

If it's got rusted strut towers and rust in other areas its not worth near as much. 1500-ish if everything else is in good working order.

I found a 1999 eclipse gs for sale and the car has 184,000 miles on it and he said he doesn’t have a price yet he wants me to shoot him an offer. What would be a reasonable price?
Its worth what the market will bear, its as simple as that, these cars are not cheap anymore, it could easily bring $10k or more depending on its condition and whats done to it, mileage really doesn't matter anymore on the Dsm's, they are decades old collector cars at this point, thats like worrying about how many miles a 57' Chevy Bel air has on it and paying more or less based on mileage, 99% of these cars are on second, third, forth etc engines and transmissions anyway, this is how I see it and this has been MY experience with cars like this, another example is how much is a 99' Supra with 200k miles on it worth? $40k? $60k? again its worth what the market will bear, its all market driven by supply vs demand my friend.

KBB blue book value is $1300 to $3290 in that range in decent condition. Typically that is the going rate. if there are rusting strut towers that would be a hard pass as that's a serious safety issue. A GSX would be a whole other story depending on condition but those are going for ridiculous prices.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back