The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

How much money have you put into your DSM so far?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'd say after I get my MUCH needed new top on Tuesday/Wednesday, approximately $4000 besides the additional 8k to buy the car.

Well I will say 8k in mods right now and probably another 5k for an engine and 1k more for misc shiz.... so Yeah... for all those people who complain about spending lik 2k on their car calling it a POS... has nothing on us I guess...

98 talon- paid 7k for the car in 2001 and have put about 12k into it

91 talon- paid 700 bucks for it and have put about 3k into it since october of 05

they are both still pieces of crap... .LOL.

I think I've spent $1.15 on this car so far, and I'm broke.

People ask me that all the time and I'm like I don't care and I don't want to know. Better then getting involved with drugs and alcohol.

Around $6000 since November 2003. Only major repair was rebuilt trans.

I'm probably up to around 2000 without the price of the car. Which is not bad since I already have a 13.4 second time slip.

I've spent 6800 on a 97 Auto GSX with 116k miles. Normally I wouldn't have bought it but I saw the couple that drove it in. The previous owner was a 50+ non-smoking yoga instructor who bought it new with every option and pampered it. So I have a nicely broken in, completely reliable DD that I am keeping stock until I pay off all of my vehicles. Then I'll buy a cheap hybrid in 3 years and turn this to track use.

d

This is a sad story...I've spent $12,000 on my 95 talon....with three things to show for:
3" Downpipe
MBC
Supra IC

I don't have NOTHING, ZIP, NOTTA...$12,000 all to repairs.

paid $11,000 for the car. Last time I added it up it was $15,000 in upgraded should be somewhere around $17,000 now.... way to much, and it does not even run..:notgood:

Hmmmm lets just see.....

$8500.00 for the white 95 GSX in my gallery......drove it 20K miles paid about $3000 into it, wrecked/totaled paid off Insurance paid balance of $5800.00

$3200 in mods and maintanence to keep that car running over that short period of 14 months.

$11K for the 98 GSX in my gallery, $2000 in mods, $3000 in maint. and repairs.

$1500.00 for a 91 GVR4
$1000.00 for a 1990 GSX

(wanted one of each overall generation)

Sold the GVR4 to DR1665 for repair $$$$ for the 98 GSX.
Sold to Flip4g63 for repair $$$$ for the 98 GSX.

Still need to spend another $2000 (tires, windshield, driver window WTF , OEM decals, blown original speaker(s), brake pads) and who knows what ever will come up once its back on the road:mad:

Its sitting on 108K mile rear end, front axles, rear axles, rims, transmission/transfer case, drive shaft and carriers, fuel filter? ( I dunno, I just flush it every 10,000 miles or so), cylinder head.

I just say bring it though, cause I love my 1998 Eclipse GSX, and nuthing, I mean nothing is gonna pry it out of my cold dead hand..........except about $20K in cash whiped out right in front of me:D

Otherwise find your own.

My family is very understanding and loves the car too.

Gsxtacy

3,000 DAMN THOUSAND LOL! SERIOUSLY, I spend veery spare penny I have, eat cheap, and save my dimes and nickles ofr every part I ownROFL . But in the end, it's all worth it, my pride and joy ( shhhh dont tell the lady that hahahah)LOL

$2,200 for my 1995 TSi AWD 5-speed with 155,000 miles on the clock.

I have 18,000 into it.

Bought the car as a toy/winter car. Started modding it. Got hooked like a crackhead.
$2,200
Replaced three wheel bearings, two inner tie rod ends, two axles, and a bunch of other little things. I take it to a shop because I'm too dumb to know any better. All the work from here on out is done by me. Take this as you will.
$4,000
Put some go fast parts on the car. Started with K&N FIPK, MBC, 1GBOV. Moved up to a 3" Downpipe, Cat, and Catback. Wanted bigger turbo. Got a 14B. Ported some things. Car now runs a 13.6 in the quarter, and runs very well. As of now the car has never left me stranded, yet.
$5,590
Decided that engine could use a rebuild with 175K on the clock. Tore car apart. Car gets broken into and gutted while at the shop. Shell, dashboard and winter tires are all that survive. Luckily, the short block and tranny are in the shop. Insurance gives me 3 Grand to replace parts and repaint car from all the damage. I'm so glad that the theives got every nut and bolt that I caefully bagged and labeled to help me during the rebuild. 100 trips to Satan to get every nut and bolt in the engine bay ensues. Should have bought a new car. Built forged engine and modded head anyway. Repainted entire car in custom color. I had to outfit the car with an all new interior which included Sparco seats, new carpet, and a raised rear for a two-seat conversion.
$17,590
Bought DSMLink. Only smart thing written here.
$18,090
Blowing coolant like Eric Clapton blew cocaine. Engine block needs to be cut. Another rebuild
$19,090
Blew 14b. Bought Evo III 16G. Cracked Oil cooler during rebuild. Crank angle sensor takes a shit. Replace injectors while I'm in there.
$19,990
Still blowing coolant. Rip head off, pressure test it. It's cracked above the valve seat in the exhaust port. My ported 2G head is ruined. I buy a 1G head plus rebuild plus mods to make it fit, gaskets, water pipe, etc. There goes another grand...
$20,990.
Still on jackstands, where it spends a great deal of it's life.

I'm sure there's quite a bit I'm forgetting. God, I love this car.

Matt.

On top of the initial $5000 price for my 92 nt talon back in 1998, there's been about an additional $17,000 put into the car in performance mods, maintenance items, gifts, and repairs. To do an itemized list would take forever and probably make me cry were I to look at it. Just typing that number alone hurts considering where the car is at currently.

I'm at just around $4,500 total for car, couple mods, and minor repairs/maintenance.

Not bad for a 12 second daily driver! :)

AM somewhere about the 20,000.00 mark Sucks but been fighting with my DSM for 6 years now. Thomas knows

I bought my 91 Talon Tsi for 700 with rebuilt tranny and new center diff,rear end, and transfercase, After saving money in Iraq I just hit 14650 into mods! All engine,drivetrain and engine managment. Pics will be up in three weeks

I paid $1200 for the car, and $100 to tow it to my house (LOL). Since then, i have spent about $600.00 in repairs, and will probably need to spend another $700-800 to get it running well enough to start installing the mods I have planned (another $3-4K at least).

So.....roughly $2700.00 and I have driven the car a whopping 34 miles in the six months I have owned it.

:notgood:

But I love her to death. She's my little money pit. Haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back