The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How much is a clean GST/GSX worth in 2022?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T'd Up Steve

Probationary Member
Nov 16, 2021
SANTA ANA, California
Hey guys, I just recently sold my 97 GST Spyder in hopes of finding a clean hardtop 98-99 GST/GSX. Question is what is a good price range nowadays to buy one at considering the inflation of used cars? There are 2 GSX that are near me. One wants 15k for a stock, clean 1998 GSX gray leather interior. Another one wants 10k for a modified GSX. Need advice.

I'd pay between 18-23k for a clean, 500 whp, clean 2g gsx. This is turn key, ready to drive now. The member that recently sold his 550+ whp 2g awd spyder for 23k, prime example of a 23k car IMO, in this market.

I'd also get near the 30k range for a turn key, flat out drag car, 7-900 whp, etc.

If the modified one is clean, I'd take that one. What are your plans with this car though? DD? Weekend only? That would also impact my choice between the two.

I'd pay between 18-23k for a clean, 500 whp, clean 2g gsx. This is turn key, ready to drive now. The member that recently sold his 550+ whp 2g awd spyder for 23k, prime example of a 23k car IMO, in this market.

I'd also get near the 30k range for a turn key, flat out drag car, 7-900 whp, etc.

If the modified one is clean, I'd take that one. What are your plans with this car though? DD? Weekend only? That would also impact my choice between the two.
I have a 2012 civic as my daily. I plan on using the DSM as a daily as well, because of Cali restrictions.
Let me link the modified one here: https://offerup.com/item/detail/1372702778?q=mitsubishi+eclipse&cid=5.1
Stock one here: https://bakersfield.craigslist.org/cto/d/bakersfield-mitsubishi-eclipse-gsx/7458845251.html
Edit: Hard to even find a clean stock GST these days.

It’s only going to get harder and harder to find a clean dsm for a fair price because of people like Miller import parts and others like him who go around paying top dollar for clean DSMs only to pick them clean and crush the shell. It’s like drilling for oil. Increase demand, increases how much you drain your resources. Eventually it’s gonna dry up.

That’s what’s happening now. The dsm crude oil supply has been tapped almost dry. What few reserves left are going for skyrocketing prices.

Lol thanks man! I will never sell mine, I’ve had her for 9 years and I love her just as much now as I did when I bought her! I just think we’re coming into that era where these cars are FINALLY getting the attention/market value they’ve deserved for so long now :rocks:

need some opinions. 1998 GS-T: hardtop, 129K miles, 7.5/10 interior & exterior, 5 speed, clean title & very little mods (intake & exhaust) for 9K

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back