The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

How much have you spent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000 on my gst
800 on a tsi parts car (had brand new coil overs and small 16g turbo)
dsmlink and a stupid amount of trial and error parts to get this car running with very little success.

I paid 1,800 for my N/T :( then after 250$ suspension repair, 80$ Radiator, and other regular maintenance I have about 2,350$ in it. It still needs: body work, paint job, tires, maybe axles, full interior detail, and exhaust work.

At the moment ive stopped working on it and just maintaining it. I am probably gonna start saving for a 1G project.

I have over 30k in parts into the evo 3 over the last 4 years
the shell was free
no labor costs since I do all the work my self
shipping kills when parts come from japan,uk,nz,au all the time for it
have a full 3 ring binder with every thing I have bought for the car over the years

Ugh I don't want to be reminded of how much I spent.
Car-3800
motor~4000
everything else~7000 and counting day by day.

I tried not cutting any corners so I wouldn't have to replace everything all over again. The most expensive thing by far is the fact that I change my mind on what I want all the time. First I had a nice 16g setup, then e85, then a built motor, then hx35, now an hx40. A few different fuel setups, suspension, rims and tires, and it all adds up quickly. If I could do it again I would but I'd go straight to the hx40 to save my self a bunch of down time and money.

Hmmm good question, lost count after first 3k. Here a rough list,
Car_800 :) hate away bone stock wit 150k on od at time
New ecu_250
2.1 destroke kit_1400 frm sbr
SI 1mm over valves_300
Gates kevlar t belt_ 100
Tre sttage 2 tranny_ 400 used
Dsmlink v3full wit eprom 90 ecu_500
Plx wideband_ 120
Wally 255 n afpr_ 150
Fidanza fw_180 extremepsi
Act 2100 sprung street kit_300
Rebuilt 14b_ 150

And this list dont included all the machine shop fees, bout another stack!
And no I wouldnt change a thing cause its been an AWESOME(and frustrating)learning experince

$1300 for the GSX and MAYBE a grand in parts and maintenence so ill round up n say $2500 so far including the car

built bottom end, rebuilt head, FMIC, HKS BOV, 3" turbo back N1, 16g GT, SS manifold, 550's, SAFC NEO, Tein springs, 18" MR7's, couple other thing like gauges n such and i do all my own work so labor is free, but its also nice to have friends in both hi n low places!

Once I hit 10k I quit counting, and that's 2011 alone on just my current 2g(not including the 3 other dsms i've owned since 04)

Probably not to be honest, should have bought a house etc

About $20K for the Talon new in 1997 and about another $20K in mods over the years. Over half of the mod cost was the stroker conversion with supporting mods. With 200,000 miles on the clock that's only twenty cents per mile for the purchase price. Cheap, cheap, cheap for a fun performance car. The decision to spring for the stroker conversion was tough but what tipped the scales was the total cost of the project was only three years depreciation on the new Audi TT that my wife liked.

Would I do it again?

On business trips I've been stuck driving rental Lincoln Town Cars and I never want to do that again. Turn the wheel and the tires turn and flex to a set, then the suspension catches up, then the body rolls, and finally the car starts to go where you pointed it two seconds ago. I never want to do that again.

No old fart really needs a high performance sports coupe but this olde motor head would do it again because I want a fun car, and I enjoy driving it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back