The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

How much have you spent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Listed from time of purchase to current, in order
1990 talon- $800
Shep clutch pedal rebuild- $135
Walbro pump - $100
ACT clutch kit - $375
Wiring for fuel pump - $25
Various guages and pod (wideband, boost, oil pressure, temp) - $400
SAFC neo - $380 (sitting NIB collecting dust, anybody want it?)
MAFT - $195 (still sitting NIB)
GM MAF - $40 (still sitting)
JMF recirc O2 housing - $300
FP hta68 turbo, ported - $1025
FP race manifold - $225 (on sale)
FIC 850cc injectors - $275
Punishment racing 3" downpipe - $145
3" megan test pipe (on sale) - $45
3" megan catback - $450
ECMlink and Eprom ECU - $750

Not to mention tools, manual, miscellaneous trips to town to pick stuff up, stupid little things like nuts, bolts, electrical connectors, etc... - $600 at least

set aside in the bank for the next time i have a day off to drive down and drop my car off at English racing for the following work : $2800
Balance shaft delete
Timing belt replacement, water pump, pulleys, tensioners, etc
SD conversion, install ecmlink, full tune
Head studs

I have a D.D, more guns than i can shoot, a fast motorcycle, no kids, and free time...
Why not dump money into my hobbies, whatever they may be at the time, that's why they are my hobby

Spent ~$5000 on my Talon which now sits with a bad water pump and will be sold after I get around to fixing it.
I paid $5200 for my GSR-4 and will have another $4-5k into it here shortly.

I would definately do it again, as I don't see myself slowing down much on my Eclipse, but I will be starting all over in a few years when R34 GTRs can be imported. :)

Right around $25,000 for me including the car ($1,000) and I am only sitting at 350 hp right now. Most of my money is wraped up in bolts, sensors, bushings, gaskets, ect. I chose the fast a reliable route and I have the reliable part down. I'm still working on the fast part but I would not hesitate to drive my car cross country tomarrow. I would do it all over again but I would be alot smarter about the DSM I started with and the upgade path I followed. I am far from done with my car and I can see having over $50k invested in it over the next few years.

Ive spent roughly 9k including repairs, builds, and parts.
The car its self was $4100

So grand total comes out to about $13,100.

Would I do it again? Im not sure... Car had to much down time.

6500 for the car
2500 in new fuel system
5000 in all acc. and rebuilding a few things the way i want them and tuning.
$14,000 total
Priceless time spent to make everything perfect

3k Car
700$My first and only shop installed turbo, and I supplied all the parts..
500$ maintenance
1300$ parts car
800$ tires

So I guess I'm about 6k into this dsm..And If I were to do it all over again, I could do it for cheaper, now that I'm not a noob..And have more mods..

I'm around $20,000. I would do it all over again. That doesn't include my Talon, or the eclipse I bought my wife.

You spent 20k and you only run a 14? NICE

If I could redo it I would drive it stock with no mods and build up a different motor/tranny/head and then beat on that instead.

I would spend my money more wisely. Turbo, injectors and tune would be great instead of spending it on worthless parts.
But to do it again??? I would rather spend on working to build a honda! Real talk!

$2,300 for the car 2mnths ago
-$150 sold the amp and subs that came with the car.
$10 for cool air intake and filter at a garage sale
$4 for the bumper mesh
$53 for 5qts of synthetic edge 10w30 and K&N oil filter today
-$30 ran into my buddy and he bought my privacy panel for the hatch today while i was at the parts store to get the K&N filter LOL

$53 from the pull ## own parts for heater blower, door handle, rear control arm and balljoint, pwr ant, rear washer jug/motor/line, front speaker pods (for reference on future 8" compenant set fiberglass pods), pass. side lock and window switches and misc bolts and screws.

so about $2,240 so far

6000 since January not including what I paid for the car and I have about another 500 before the engines ready to drop in an them 800 for rims and tires.

My dumbass took a loan out for this car over 3 years ago for 9500.. Paid it off 4 months ago so, roughly 10k just for the car alone. Just brainstorming and thinking of all the things Ive bought and bought again as well as maintenance stuffs Im thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 18k.. Give or take.

If I got to do it all over again I would have done things a little differently. Such as not being the ignorant "kid" and just buying usless upgrades that ultimately did nothing. I would have looked into tuning and stuff way sooner and had a more reliable DSM from the get go, not 3.5 years down the road.

I have about 5-$7,000 total in my car. I would do it again. Which is the reason i keep it, and the wife is in agreement. Why sell it, only to start all over with another car?

I paid $650 for my Talon TSI. The guy took out alot of stuff, so it didn't run when I got it. I'm putting it back to stock, so far I've only spent about $200-$250 to get it running.

I lost count but still going haha just recently added a galant VR4 to the stable so that's more even money

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back