The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

How much does your car weigh?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoolin ddub

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 24, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Oh yeah you making some power & going fast but this is the magic question. How much does your car weigh? We all men and women here so lets put all the varibles on the table. The only reason I ask is because everytime someone I know. know of, or I send a pm asking that question or ask someone in person that question most don't respond or they lie. What are you hiding LOL? We all family. If you're fast you're fast and no one can ever take that from you. Lets keep going fast. I love it! But lets keep it 100! Ill go first. I do not know exactly how much my car weighs but I'm shooting for 2800-2900. With me in it. I'll post the weight for everyone to see when i find out the exact weight because I have nothing to hide.

Haven't weighed mine yet with the auto but my guess is 3150-3200lbs with me in it. Fastest time to date is a 9.76 @ 141mph.

7,322lbs with a full tank.

my Z28 is 3,602lbs with me (195lbs) in it.

2850 lbs. with full tank, full interior, and no driver.

I don't remember what all I had in the interior, but by full I mean if you looked in the car, it looks stock, so all panels, seats, etc. are in. I think this was before I yanked the HVAC stuff so it's even lighter still.

Thats prettty damn good.

I want to see how much my car weights I have cf hood and hatch with glass in the hatch, ac is gone, no sound detenting in the back or trunk, rear seat belts gone rear wiper motr and fluids gone..thats all i can think of. Where do you get your car weighed?

Any recycling yard should be able to weigh your car. If you dont know of a local yard ask around to your local auto shops where they dispose of scrap metal and that should help you out. My car weighs 2960 with me in it. I weigh 160lbs. More weight reduction planned Car was weighed with somewhere between a 1/4-1/2 tank of fuel.
Carbon fiber hood, Complete A/C removal, manual rack conversion, rota slip rims, factory single piston calipers, Jmf front crash beam, aluminum intake manifold, no rear crash beam, tubular upper rear control arms, north/south bars removed, small tractor battery install, battery tray removed, emissions delete, rubber insulation removed from flooring, firewall padding removed, carpet padding removed, glove box removed, r/r seat belt removed, spare tire and jack removed when weighed, rear privacy cover removed when weighed,Driver side motor mount cut down, Cruise control delete, exhaust and gas tank heat shields removed, misc brackets and bolts removed, some rear plastics removed, rear speakers, dash speakers. Thats all I can think of for now

Last edited:
Im hoping to be around 2700 with me in it. So far with 2" lowering springs I'm about 2" higher than stock still.

Last race weight for me was 3190lbs with me (210lbs) in it. Hoping to take another 100-200lbs out.

I'm interested as to what my 1g will weigh. Have all HVAC stuff, PS, ABS, JMF fuel cell, tubular crossmember, and others. Lol. Can't wait to weigh it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

The sticker on the side of door frame says 2773lbs that's without me in the car. I'll double check in the morning to confirm.

My 99 GSX is 3325 with me(200 lbs) in it with 1/2 tank of gas and no spare. The only thing I have removed for weight savings is the CD-changer in the back.

I'm hoping to get my 92 Talon with a 10-point cage under 2700 without me. Not sure if I'm leaving the dash in or not.

Never weighed mine, but being a FWD N/T with a number of things deleted under the hood I would say 2400lbs at the most

when my 99 gst was still front wheel drive it weighed 2840 with the spare out and 1/4th gas without me in it.
Now its AWD and am still waiting to get weighed im curious how much extra weight I added. The rear was atleast another hundred and with the transfer case and drive shaft its probably close to another 200lbs.

Little update on this, as I had the car on scales a couple weekends ago.

Final weight (no spare tire, jack, rear deck, rear floor covering spare, HVAC, rear speakers, and various things in the engine bay) is 2906 with driver, both sway bars connected (front has adjustable end links to counter the preload), and 7/8 tank of gas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back