The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

how much did you pay for your valve seals and or piston replacments?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Tao

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2003
Atlanta, Georgia
My car seems to have a white smoke problem coming out of the exhaust i need to have it checked so i was curious to know, HOw much did it cost you labor and parts whether it be OEM or after market?

Total engine overhaul. Machine work, pistons, Rings,Bearings, Oil pump (fornt case) And gasket kit ~$14,400.00. I removed, disassembled, reassembled, and installed the engine.

Originally posted by babell2
Total engine overhaul. Machine work, pistons, Rings,Bearings, Oil pump (fornt case) And gasket kit ~$14,400.00. I removed, disassembled, reassembled, and installed the engine.

why didn't you just get a used engine with few miles, or a new car, 14grand, dayummmmmm

14,400 bucks?! OMFG what were you smoking? Sorry but I just had my motor rebuilt, polished, honed, balanced crank, all new internals, new timing belt, tensioners, balance shaft belt, water pump, ARP head studs and main studs, completely rebuilt head with revised lifters, flywheel resurfed, new clutch and pressureplate, release bearing, metal mitsu headgasket, all new accessory belts for under 3,000 (labor included)

14,400!!!!!!!

i paid i think around $60 or so for the seals and then another $60 for tools then spent 8 hours to do the job. What a BISCH to do. but no more smoke when I let it sit there and idle for 10 min. so it was worth it. O yeah cleaned my lifters while they were out so no more ticking anymore either! :)

Thought the 2gs came with the revised lifters? I guess they can all start too tick eventually. Did all the cars come with the small oil ports?

I had help. You don't want to know how little.

But you usually can get GOOD valve seals like a full set of felpro viton seals at a decent price from the major parts outlets. Like www.partsamerica.com and others.

Do not get the really cheap valve seals. The dirt cheap ones are not made from Viton and will not last very long.

Dealer seals are Viton and right for the application it's just the mitsu dealer pricing that gets me.

Originally posted by MNGSX
Dealer seals are Viton and right for the application it's just the mitsu dealer pricing that gets me.

how about napa clevite valve seals? Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back