The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

How much did u pay for your tuning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andakanda

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2009
Bergen, Europe
Just wondering about the prices of a good tune over in the states

Here in Norway its insanely expensive , a decent tune will cost me around 5500$ for my 98 GSX

What we norwegians do most of the time is drive to Sweden or even Finnland for the same tune , half the price

I guess thats a good incentive to learn how to do it yourself

cool

yea i havent spent anything, i've got my palm logger and wideband aswell

read some people are using Jeff O' , is that something to recommend?

Holy balls $5500? Local place with an AWD dyno:
Dyno time hourly you tune $100
Dyno time hourly we tune $149 ( piggyback systems safc ect.. )
Dyno time hourly we tune $199 ( standalone, EMS, ect.. )

Or you could be like me, volunteer to work there a bit and see what happens.

cool

yea i havent spent anything, i've got my palm logger and wideband aswell

read some people are using Jeff O' , is that something to recommend?

I am using one of his flashable ecu's in my car and its working out great:rocks:

get a hold of dacowgod he does remote tuning if you have capabilities ie evo phone and what not..shouldnt be anything over a hundred bucks and he trouble shoots as well:thumb:

this is what im gonna do. i was about to have him start when i had this dang tranny leak crap happen. i did talk to him and he sound like a good guy. i will be calling him back as soon as i get leak fixed. you can find him in classifieds under remote tuning

For that price ship that SOB over here and get a apartment. LOL.

Orrr

Learn to tune yourself with either pocket logger, DSMLink, or ECUflash

A tune for me ended up costing $210 with Link. How the samH E L L would it cost $5500 for a simple tune? You could buy 5 1g's for that.

dont mean to hijack the thread but does anyone know how much I'd expect for a tune from a place like AMS?

I know it depends on the car but I'm trying to figure how much I need to take with me if I go to a big name place like AMS.

I know most shops would run $300-$400.
I'm not sure if it takes a place like that 2 hours or what to tune a car.
My car would already be tuned somewhat decent I'd just want it fine tuned and full potential gotten out of it. I'm not sure if I should be looking at $500 or like $700.

dont mean to hijack the thread but does anyone know how much I'd expect for a tune from a place like AMS?

I know it depends on the car but I'm trying to figure how much I need to take with me if I go to a big name place like AMS.

I know most shops would run $300-$400.
I'm not sure if it takes a place like that 2 hours or what to tune a car.
My car would already be tuned somewhat decent I'd just want it fine tuned and full potential gotten out of it. I'm not sure if I should be looking at $500 or like $700.

Why would you drive all the way down there? Modern Automotive Performance is like an hour away from you. Very reputable too! Over in Plymouth. Before I left for the Army I got my car tuned there!

Why would you drive all the way down there? Modern Automotive Performance is like an hour away from you. Very reputable too! Over in Plymouth. Before I left for the Army I got my car tuned there!
I only ever bought stuff from them I didn't know they did actual tuning LOL
If you dont mind my asking how much did you end up paying for your tune?

Yeah they have a garage and all the works. When its nice out they have dyno days! Ill keep you posted on the dates! Shoot my a PM and Ill send you the financial info

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back