The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

how much boost can a 420a handle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siamesed cylinder, open deck. The 420a block is pretty stout as is, and is one of the last things to worry about.

The MAP on the portfueler is only good for UP TO 25 psi of boost.

It is 27 psi of boost, and if you read farther it says on the preloaded maps (which are way lean anyways). Before I parted my 420A-T I tuned the portfueler with the easy to use software, and I ran 32 psi w/o leaning out (~13 on the af) or anything. I didn't dyno it so it was a basic track/street tune. The software was so easy to use that I became comfortable using it.

EDIT: Didn't awddynamite run 15 psi on stock internals? He just tuned it well. Stock compression is 9.6:1 = not too high of compression.

EDIT: Didn't awddynamite run 15 psi on stock internals? He just tuned it well. Stock compression is 9.6:1 = not too high of compression.

yes he did, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea for something that's going to be a DD. I also believe he only ran race gas in it.

To OP yea pnp mega squirt would be a good option but its gonna be pricey...

and the portfueler's not? ROFL

1. fmu and safc would help

No need for an safc with stock injectors and an fmu. Beyond that it's really only good to help get your idle under control when going with larger injectors. If someone's going for built motor and above 15psi IMO the cost/benefit is not there when you can get MSnS for a little more money and control everything and be able to do some real tuning

alot depends on what your goals are on what you have to do as far as a fuel set up and tuning. Its all differant but the same in some cases but again depends on what you want out off your car. If you go witha basic fuel set up, fmu stock in jectors and fuel pump theres not really any tuning you can do and you can only run i think 12psi max.

most likely more like 8-10 depending on turbo size. My car was leaning out at 8psi on stock injectors with the 50 trim that came with the star kits. I'm almost certain hahn recommended no more than 10psi on the 16g their kits came with

i've been doing a little research on msns and haven't got alot of info on it, so with the msns there is a 1 and II with it. whats the difference from the V2.2 V3.0 and V3.57 are they just different layouts or different in what their tuneablity is with also the 1 and II?

and with this are you taking your ecu out and take it apart and sodering the board inside or do i have that wrong.

does anyone know the most psi running off msns with the bigger injector.....ect. and a good tune as well.

and whats your opinion on a psi and size injectors..ect for running for a daily driver.. and a car that would be driving over 300miles almost every other three month?

i've been doing a little research on msns and haven't got alot of info on it, so with the msns there is a 1 and II with it. whats the difference from the V2.2 V3.0 and V3.57 are they just different layouts or different in what their tuneablity is with also the 1 and II?

and with this are you taking your ecu out and take it apart and sodering the board inside or do i have that wrong.

does anyone know the most psi running off msns with the bigger injector.....ect. and a good tune as well.

and whats your opinion on a psi and size injectors..ect for running for a daily driver.. and a car that would be driving over 300miles almost every other three month?

If you know anything about computers, think of it this way: MS1 and MS2 refer to the processor (i.e. Pentium IV or Core 2 Duo) and V2.2, V3.0, and V3.57 refer to the motherboard. V3.0 and V3.57 are basically the same thing (one is through hole and the other is surface mount... not something you really need to care about), and are the newest boards.

MS2 is obviously newer than MS1, but MS1 has been more thoroughly developed for use with the 420A right now. At this point, you can accomplish almost anything with MS1 as you could potentially do with MS2.

MS does not require any soldering if you purchase from a reputable builder/dealer... just a little wiring.

Asking questions like "how much psi can XXXX handle?" is like asking "how far can any given car travel in 30 minutes?" There are so many more variables to consider... Do some research on here and megasquirt.info and the answers will become apparent as you understand the concepts better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back