The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

How many times has your DSM been towed

how many times has your dsm been towed?

• 1 or 2, every dsm has its dark day

Votes: 37 56.1%

Votes: 8 12.1%

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 5-10, its been through alot,

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • 10+, Starting to wonder if your DSM spends more time on a flat bed then on the road

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRand

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2004
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
Simple question, how many times has your dsm been towed (yes willingly and unwillingly).

Post pics of them on the tow truck if you got em.

Attachments

• eclipseontow2.jpg
    eclipseontow2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 349
Once, when the right front lower arm balljoint failed.

My tire was sitting at a 45 degree angle. :cry: (bad night)

Bolt broke on the suspension and was basically "welded" on. Hammering would not get it out. Had to have it towed to get it torched off:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just twice . Once right after I got it in 95 . The second was the last time I drove it ever . i mean ever , BLOWN engine . That was back in March this year .:cry: :cry: . But I have been making some money back off of it . That is why you buy quality parts in the first place . Better resell ROFL .

I have been lucky only have to get em towed when i buy them the first day cause i dont have the money to get tags and ins but other than that it never left me on the side of the road.

Like i tell every one if its gonna break, break in the drive way not out on the streets, and so far its been great i love my dsm.

SO far only once and it was due to the ball joint recall not having been performed. Thank god I was only going about 5-10mph when it broke

just once like 2 years ago on my 95 eclipse gs . Right front lower ball joint blew at about 55 mph on the long island expressway . Fun almost losing a wheel

I only had it towed from my house in Omaha to my new shop in Lincoln on my grandpa's trailer, about 60 miles. I never had to get it towed while it ran or before I took it apart.

Once, but just to get it home from where i bought it

And the engine pic is why, stupid previous owners... thats ok, she will rock the streets again soon enough
:dsm: :talon: :laser:

Attachments

• ontrailer1.jpg
    ontrailer1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 219
  • enginebefore.jpg
    enginebefore.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 212
I've been lucky and have only had to get my Talon towed twice. The first time was my fault, I tried to limp her 132 miles to my parents house to swap the engine out due to the crank walking and a very light rod knock at ideal. I made it about 20 miles before I had to shut her down due the rod knock getting much worse. The second time was getting her flat beded to my parents house like I should have done in the first place.

once with my old talon. motor overheated. all because the upper radiator inlet had a piece broke off of it. didn't find out that was the cause of the overheating until i pulled the motor.

About 6 times. Towed it home for the spun bearing -> ex's house (we'll call it the shop) to pull the 7 bolt -> house to install the fmic/suspension -> shop to store it -> back home to store it -> shop to swap in the 6 bolt. The only reliability issue I ever had with the car was a spun bearing... which is kind of a big deal I guess... LOL.

Once for a flat tire because it turned out the spare was shot also.

i voted over 5. I had water pump failure, fuel failure, ECU failure, spark failure, turbo failure, intercooler pipe failure, etc. etc.

I get towed so often, I was considering about making a "quick release" front bumper for getting up the flatbed :coy:

I might just invest in a tow truck... WTF

Once for a flat tire because it turned out the spare was shot also.

Same happened to me.
Tried that fix-a-leak can you buy at the gas station on the spare made it about to the corner when the spare went flat.

At least 5 that I remember..only once when it really needed it though, when my clutch went out.

:sosad:

4 here. Never on a tow truck, real DSMers get a tow strap! LOL!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back