The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How many "Old-Timer" DSM Guys on here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm surprised at the number of members in this thread who joined the forum in 2002. There's a lot of familiar names here. So I had to drop in to say Hi. I got my first DSM the week after I graduated from college, it was a 1990 Laser that I bought in 1994. I don't have a DSM anymore but somehow I still visit this forum. I have a 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo that has a few 6 bolt dsm parts in the engine, does that count?

Whatever cars we all own now, contains a little bit of “dsm-gineering”, if not straight up parts.

I’ve learned so much about why Mitsu built the cars the way they did, that it taught me how to think through modifications, before (usually ) doing them.

It’s almost like you and the car understand each other.

I'm surprised at the number of members in this thread who joined the forum in 2002. There's a lot of familiar names here. So I had to drop in to say Hi. I got my first DSM the week after I graduated from college, it was a 1990 Laser that I bought in 1994. I don't have a DSM anymore but somehow I still visit this forum. I have a 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo that has a few 6 bolt dsm parts in the engine, does that count?
Nope. Sorry. Mods, delete this account and ban the IP!

I'm over 30 if that counts? I always wanted a gsx.. When I first saw an eclipse 1g I liked it, but felt like it wasn't quite sleek enough for my tastes, then the 2g body style happened and my jaw dropped. It wasn't priced like a super car? It looked like that and a regular guy might have a chance at one day buying one? Did the engineers think this through I mean you can't improve on the style of the 2g. Then I was car hunting because my 1g neon got hit on the way to work. I looked at a god awful GS-T that some kids had sitting around, it was barley running and you had to stay on the throttle to keep it running.. They wanted too much for it and kept saying "I know what this car is capable of" Like.. sure, any DSM is capable of greatness with unlimited time and money, but you know nothing about cars and drive a 3rd gen so you can say you drive an eclipse. So then I went looking for a DSM that wasn't running so I could start somewhere.

I am 48years old. I bought my car 11 years ago off a guy that had it striped it down to the ground. Many truckloads of parts. It was so bad that the guy couldn't figure out how to get the cv's out so he cut them with a torch. I just wanted the car to look good until I found this site. now I think I have it built up pretty good. 90% of my knowledge came from this site. There are some little things I still want to do to it, like the ABS delete, Wire my WB into my ecu, and figure out how to get my brakes to hold back the car so I can stage with out rolling off the line,(its an automatic). only thing I don't like about it. Well and on bad days its a little hard to get in and out of at this age. LOL. anyways, To all the good info and all the parts that I have bought from this forum. thank you.

30 years old, been working on DSM's since I was 14 so 2002. Bought my first one in 2005/2006 and have owned one ever since then. Only difference is now I have more money.... or less, depends on how you look at it.

Not really an old timer, over 30 (barely) and been doing DSMs for about 7-8 years, but always been interested in them.

any of you guys remember this:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That looks like my old job almost. Worked for a turbo CNC shop and there was thousands of raw castings and blems laying around out back. Nothing of use unfortunately, and the job was pretty crappy overall, but I did manage to track down some of the exact Kubota tractor turbos I machined housings for a few years ago! Knew those inspection copies would come in handy some day haha.

I will be 41 on July 3rd. Been going to the shootout since 96.
Had my 91 FWD Laser for years daily driving it. But the time came to dismantle it for parts and send the crusty shell to the crusher. To many Pa winters caught up with it.
Next I bought my 93 Talon AWD and for a year or so driving it daily till the timing belt snapped and bent valves. Been hiding in the garage for around 8 years or so. I tinker with it here and there. I have been lucky to have 2 good DSM friends that I have been racing with for most of those shootouts. No racing the last few years but still love the shootout and DSM's!

I am 36 now. Got my first and original DSM in 2002 when I was 21. I still daily an Eclipse, but it's a 2009. I didn't turn my back on the 4g63, but I have a 2005 Evo 8 RS now. LOVE it. I would like another GS-T one day in the garage next to my Evo.

I remember many of the names in here. I don't get stuck in the past, but man, Tuners' prime was an absolute great era. I remember wanting to join in 2003, but I was too nervous and didn't know how to obtain an email to join. Ha!

The amount of knowledge and memories gained from this site and VFAQ will always have a place in my heart & mind. I do miss the days once-in-a-while, but looking back too much doesn't help the present for me.

And I totally agree about these current kids. They use shops for the easiest installs, like BOVs. I am blown away at how it's all about IG followers, likes, and filtered pics. What a complete 180 the younger car guys have gone. I cringe at even calling them "car guys".

But I digress. Maybe @steve and I should go to Cali and hunt down Defiant and bring him back! We can take the Evo! LOL

The prime days were awesome. I just had to smile looking at all the names as i went through this thread bringing back memories.

Last edited:
45 here, almost 46. Got my first DSM (my 98 Spyder GST) in 2015, although I had really wanted one when the 2gb came out in 97, and have loved them since. Was messing around with little Chrysler turbos back then, Chargers, Omnis, LeBarons, etc. Glad I finally got my DSM though, never want to sell it, even though my back sometimes complains!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back