The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

How many of us use our DSMs as actual daily cars? Or how many own just a DSM?

Do you daily your DSM?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryndon

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2014
Bulgaria, Europe
I'm curious to see how many responses this'll get. I understand that most people here are from North America and it's more than likely you'll have more than 1 car, but still. How many of you actually daily your DSM, and how many own just a single DSM and no other car? This question doesn't factor in when the DSM is currently on a stand being worked on, LOL. Also, by 'daily' I mean using it as your main car. Grocery getter, furniture mover, road trip goer etc..

This is my only car, so it's my dd. But i am planning to buy a cheap something for winter. I don't plan to use my DSM during winter and see it getting rusty. Before this DSM i only owned one car, a 93" Suzuki Swift :D

I daily my talon all the time, since 3 years ago when I got it driving steadily I've put about 35k on it, but I have a short drive to work and don't get alot of time to just cruise. Plus I have like 5 other vehicles haha.

No reason we shouldn't be able to daily these things unless they're full-race (and even then... :D)

I used to daily mine, but not anymore. After the collision, just noticing how hard it was to source body panel and the fact that there are no OEM bumpers or fenders available so you're stuck with aftermarket. I decided not to risk it and just enjoy it on the weekends.

I have one that I was daily driving and will be again and one that is the car that lurks upon unsuspecting Detroit Muscle...........:cool: but they both will put a hurting on most if not all that I run across.

I did for about a year, and it just didn't work well for me. The car was behind on maintenance when I got it and I found myself working on it often for that year (mostly due to it's age and how my harsh climate impacts the car). That, and I often struggled with the small cabin space and needing more room to haul things. As fun as it was to drive every day, I replaced it with a truck and have never looked back. But it was a good commuter and it rocked in the winter here in Michigan.

Pretty capable little car , though:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I dailyed my dsm(s) for about 8-9 years. My lady has dailyed one for the same amount of time. I own 13 vehicles now so I rotate through them each day, but 9 of them are mitsu's 8 that are 4g6X powered.

I've got 4 cars, 2 of which are DSMs. My 92 Talon TSi AWD is one of my 'toys' and is the one with all the mods that only sees summer duty. My bone stock 92 Laser RS Turbo FWD is my daily and in the 4 years I've owned it has seen close to 100k miles put on it. I've put probably another 200-300k on in other cars during that time including a bunch in the Talon, which I sometimes daily in the summer months. Pretty sure I have put more miles on DSMs in the past 4+ years than anyone else in the world. :)

I do hate driving my Laser in winter in Michigan/Ontario because it's so clean and the salt here is brutal, but it's cheap, reliable, good on gas, and fun to drive, so it's hard to justify spending more on something else to beat up in winter. Once I get a truck it will take over winter duties.

I used to as it was my only car. But wow the whole lowcar, finicky idle, no power steering, no heat/AC really took its toll.

I have a Jeep JK now and it is by far my favorite car for a daily. No dodging pot holes, huge tires, tons of space, reliable. I love it. I don't think I can go back to driving a lowered car on the regular.

I suppose I fall into the "I own more than 1 car but the DSM is still my daily car". I own two 2G's, a broken Chevy P/U that hasn't ran since it was towed over & given to me, & an '84 Jag. that isn't registered making it a collector which is not driven. This leaves me with 2 running 2G's which I choose between to do the daily go to work, shopping, commuting, etc. for the past 20 years or so. I stay up on the maintenance. Both have been very realiable; summer, winter ,spring or fall, from slightly below 0ºF to a little over 100ºF. Been more realiable than co-horts & what not's Toyotas, Hondas, or any other vehicles someone may have. What really scares me the most are other drivers.

I've been using my 2g daily to drive back and forth to work for the past year after letting it set for probably 10 years+.
Works great for commuting but I have other cars for other things.
The spyder is just not practical size wise to do much else other than drive back and forth to work or to pick up small things.
It's a great car to just zip around in though, lot's of nostalgia when driving it.

I’ve daily driven dsms before with great results in the past. I used to daily my current one but traffic is a pita. So I’m in the “more than one car” crowd. Love the dsm but I hate putting too many miles on it. It’s nice to let it sit and relax but have it there anytime I want it too. :)

Hello everybody! If I could get some quick help on how to start a thread so I can talk to people that would be greatly appreciated! I’m new here and just have a couple of questions before I get started. Please note I am using my iPhone to access this site. Thanks again!

I've got a 2006 Audi a4 quattro and a 99 spyder I converted to awd 2gb talon. I don't drive the dsm everyday but I still consider it a daily because I drive it more miles a year then I do the Audi. And I actually trust the dsm more then my Audi. 1 time i everet needed the dsm to be towed and that was only 2 miles to get off the turnpike cause of a blown turbo. Bypassed the turbo and drove it home Audi on the island m other hand has left me sit a handful of times

I did for about a year, and it just didn't work well for me. The car was behind on maintenance when I got it and I found myself working on it often for that year (mostly due to it's age and how my harsh climate impacts the car). That, and I often struggled with the small cabin space and needing more room to haul things. As fun as it was to drive every day, I replaced it with a truck and have never looked back. But it was a good commuter and it rocked in the winter here in Michigan.

Pretty capable little car , though:

The trailers bigger than the car LOL

I do NOT daily my DSM I have one 2g in the garage that’s practically a shell as I go through everything. I have a 2004 civic sedan that I drive every day. It will just get me wherever I’m looking for I’ve been stranded too many damn times and I’m fed up driving something modified. The turbo civic I daily’d Was just too low and didn’t have AC and broke too often. I also have a big truck but that’s actually just a toy

I have no problem leaving a nice car sitting in the garage until I have a nice sunny day or weekend to go drive it. I can’t stand being up all night trying to fix something to get me to work tomorrow. If I go beat on a fun car Saturday night it’s no problem to hop in the boring one and get to work monday

92 plymouth laser havent even started her in a while smh. Weak dsmer
2006 evo ix in cold storage for winter.
2017 honda accord daily driver extraordinarie.

My 2g 98 eclipse gsx is not my daily car . It's in the garage and i only drive it on nice days. my other car is a 2010 Chrysler t&c and my wife drives a 2010 Infiniti g37x which is pretty fast to .

Hey what about the poor guys in the salt belt? I summer daily drive my car. goes up for winter around november and will come back out late march/april and I normally put about 10-15k a summer on mine.. I have other cars to drive but 90% of the time prefer not to. my car is lowered (doesn't bother me, FEAL coilovers ftw) so that's never an excuse with good suspension. I currently have about 6 other cars but I'd vastly prefer to drive the GSX over anything else unless it's over 95 degrees.. then I'd take the truck with AC.

My dsm is my when I'm there.. the big rigs my home, office and daily.

Attachments

• 20190127_180352.jpg
    20190127_180352.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190122_162524.jpg
    20190122_162524.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 109
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back