The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

How Low?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuriousEclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2003
Lakefield, MinnesotaUS
ok i want to get some lowering springs but i would like to know whats the lowest i can go on my 2gn without problems. I want to keep it strettable so nothing to low i like th slamed look but i don't know what amount of drop to get and what kind to get either, i suppose its a personal preference to an extent but i hear good and bad about eibach, and dropzone i don't know to much about yet, but just curious what you guys are runing for lowering springs.

Eibach Pro kit for the perfect look/performance without having to worry about problems, or buying a camber kit..... and Eibach Sportlines if you want it sorta slammed, but will need the camber kit to save your tires from early TeRmiNAtIoN!!.... :p .. many other brands of springs but stick to what has been uesed by about 1/4 of us here....cant go wrong with Eibach.

good and bad about eibach? i think they are awesome springs iam running sportilnes, they go little lower then pro kit, and sportlines are stiff, which i like it- i got gr2 shocks, no problem, checked them after 20,000 miles if they r still good no problem. also u need stiff springs if you go power:) so your ass woulnt drag :) while shifting.

i say, eibach or H&R is the way to go for fellow dsm'ers.

trust me i did alot of re-search about springs

I guess it all depends on the roads you drive on the most. My cousin has the sportlines and the car looks awsome and handles likewise. But the 2" drop has forced him to change his driving habits. He basically has to come to a complete stop to go over even the smallest speedbumps or potholes. He f**ked up his front bumper already. Me on the other hand, having driven his car, decided to go with the pro kit which lowered my car about 1.2" Now that the springs have settled, the car is 1.5" lower than stock and I'm loving it. No problems hitting bumps or anything like that. Extremely satisfied with my pro kit/AGX set up. You will need camber kit for fronts and rears with either set up. I installed the rear camber kit only and took it to the alignment shop. They told me that I also needed the front camber kit because they couldn't get it to factory specs. And that was before it settled.

Here's some pics of my car with the pro-kit. If this isn't low enough for you, then the sportline springs are what you're looking for.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Heh, Mine is actually raised a little above stock height and it doesn't stop me from dropping it on the exhaust occasionally. And at some point I hit something that bashed in my SMIC inlet pipe!!! When I first got the car it was lowered and it scraped on anything and everything, so first thing I did was raise it up...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back