The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

How low before losing performance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krummel21

15+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2004
Charles City, Iowa
I just bought megan racing coilovers and front and rear rm sway bars. I would like to lower the car more than it is now but I was wondring how low I could go and still get the benefits of the parts?

The problem your going to run into is you are loosing suspension travel the lower you go with the car. If your going to be racing the car I wouldn't go any lower than 1.5-2", you dont want to be hitting the bump stops when going threw a corner. If your just driving around town you could go lower just make sure to keep your camber in spec so you dont wear the tires down.

I don't know the actual answer to your question as far as how low, but I can offer my 2 cents as far as benefits. Make sure you take the time to adjust each coilover correctly. use the sleeve to attain the correct height, not the actual coil adjustment. Set your height then fine tune it with the adjustable collars. Don't compare the lengths of your old shock assemblies to the coilovers because they are going to be completely different lengths. puts some miles on it and re-check your measurements, there will be some settling and sagging.

I was thinking about lowering it so there was about a 1-1.5" gap between the tire and wheel well. Would this be to low? If I found the curb weight could I figure something out with that?

My car has about a finger's width of wheelgap all around. Not "ideal" but the car looks great, and honestly handles amazing. Way better than it did with AGX's and Pro-Kits. It's this low for about a year and a half now, no problems have come up. The car hooks awesome at the track (when it's prepped well) and goes around turns at the autocrosses fantastically (when i can keep it on the track).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back