The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

how low before camber kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok well if those people with the prokit's are right, which i hope they are, i dont need to worry about a camber kit right now because i am getting tein springs which give the same length drop. thanks for the help:dsm:

Personally, I would use a camber kit on any drop in excess of 1". Factory camber just isn't that adjustable, so an alignment alone can only do so much. IMO, it's alot cheaper to buy a $100 camber kit than a $4-600 set of tires.

I would have to agree with Jerky. I actually am still @ stock height right now, but installed front and rear camber kits (perhaps because I'm an Autox junkie. . .but that's besides the point) I also didn't want to excessively wear out my new set of tires. Plus when I get around to droping an inch or so, I'll be ready to adjust the camber.

If you're looking for a front or rear kit, check this link out- took me about 2 weeks to find a good deal on Ingalls.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66292

Ok prokit is more than 1.3 The thing people have to realize is that Eibach's sag like crazy. With a prokit you will see more of a 1.5< drop after about a month. You will need a camber kit if you drop a car at all. Even an inch you will need one. I have H&R sport springs with 1.7 drop in the front and my toe was fine but my camber was way off!!! You can go alittle while on the prokit with no camber correction. I would say a couple months but you will notice some tire wear especially in the rear.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back