The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

how long to time for turbo timer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisket

Probationary Member
Sep 16, 2002
Fairburn_GA
i got a greddy turbo timer and the min it's set for is a minute-thirty and max is ten minutes, it's set on the function to tell how high the rpms go or whatnot and it sets it's self to an automatic time to shut down. sometimes i just think though that 5 or ten minutes is too long.

1:30-2 mins is good enough if you're not pushing your car real hard

old thread but what time should i set it at if i am running it hard ????

Most DSM owners that I know dont run a turbo timer. I doubt youre gonna get it hot enough to do any damage that a turbo timer could have prevented. If it were me, I would sell it and spend it on other parts. If youre dead set on having it, set it for about 3 mins and you will be just fine.

thanks bro i got it for a xmas present from my girlfriend and just cant not use

If you're autocrossing for 10+ minutes at a time, 3-4 minutes is alright but for normal dd, you don't need one at all or set it for a minute.

:talon:...that you should install it anyways. What's it gonna hurt? Turbo timers are safety devices for your turbo. It's just another way to keep that turbo clean and reliable, second to regularly changing the oil.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back