The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

how long do eclipses last?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nxm150

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 18, 2002
york_pa
I was just wondering how long eclipses last? I have 80,000 miles on my 1997 eclipse gsx. All maintence has been performed. Majority of miles have been highway miles. My car will be paid off next month and I was wondering how long I can expect it to keep running.

You baught a sports car not a Honda. Expect to be replacing things on the car. There is no time limit on a car. It depends on how it was driven/treated.

If you only drive the car nicely it will last. Race it and it will break, thats the way it works. Ever wonder why most people don't race their ferrari's and lambo's. Who's gonna fix them? Theres a few people with 1g's with 200k on em, and they still run.

It'll all varies on how well you take care of it and drive it. As the car gets older, expect parts to wear out and need replacement...which is natural for any car. So it's up to you on how long you want to spend money maintaining your DSM.

Man buy a nice manual for your car or go to vfaq. And do ALL the maintence on your car and it will run forever. Every 15K do a routine check up of major parts. And when u change your oil every 3K change other stuff to. Like other filters besides the oil filter. Whens the last time u did a fluid flush? Things like that people over look and cause's parts to wear out faster.

Take care of your DSM ,and it will take care of you!!!!!! By the way DSM's grow on you. My first car was a 90 talon TSi. The guy before me didn't take care of it. The engine blew when I first got it. I rebuilt it myself. It ran great until an ambulance hit me. I miss my car so much!
Jas0n_12_02

ha, cars can last forever if you want em to. i have a 90 gs 2 liter with 175, 400 on her. she is a really good car. just keep your routine maintanence on her and you'll go forever. not a snich of rust on her anywhere, but she does need a paint job terribly. have fun and take er easy.

I just turned over 190,000 on my 90 tsi 15 lbs and a 50 shot and still going strong!

Originally posted by Dieselboy
Notice that most of the guys who say theyre doing good 150K mi + are usually N/T?

:laugh: thats because turbo guys run their cars into the dirt normally, and expect to replace eveything when the time comes.:laugh:

how many N/T guys would replace their working motor for another just because a problem has a 25% to 35% chance it might happen??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back