The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

how is 1G maf supposed to mount to car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapracer

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 11, 2012
west richland, Washington
i've checked out 3 different 1G eclipses and they all have the maf and filter attached to the turbo inlet tube and just flopping around behind the right headlight. how is it supposed to mount to the car? im assuming they were actually mounted from the factory. pics would help, thanks.

cheap

on my car, there doesn't seem to be anything on the maf to bolt to. just a cone filter (k&n) and the smooth body of the maf. am i missing some bracket or something?

Some people hack the aircan correctly and leave a couple stock mounting points. Most just clamp the filter down with the MAF side and ditch the other side with the mounting holes. Either way, if you plan on pushing the car past 300whp, you'll probably be getting rid of the stock MAF anyway.

Filter Can Mods

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back