The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

how far should the clutch fork move?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmGSTtuner

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2012
lexington, South_Carolina
Does anyone happen to have any images of the correct position of the cluth fork engaged and disengaged? I replaced the fork, pivot ball and throw out bearing and i wanna check to see if they are in the correct position. thanks guys!

You can't really tell with the trans out of the car. You have to mount it up and move it back and for with with your finger and you could feel it. That's the way I did it. Had to take it all back apart and replace them.

its all back in the car now LOL. im just waiting on some valve to come in so im just killing time and double checking everything

If your talking about the fork position in relation to the clutch fingers then it can be looked at outside the car. You have to bolt the tranny and engine together with the clutch components installed. Push the clutch fork until it makes contact with the pressure plate fingers and it should be half way or slightly towards the drivers side in the fork slot in the tranny. (were the rubber boot is)

There you go! :thumb:

My good deed for the day is done. LOL

Center in the hole or towards the drivers side and you should be good.

what about when you have the pedal fully compressed? how far should it move?

On my 1g it moves about 14mm and my disengagement is the best.

I have had disengagement issues when it only moved 11-12mm. It was hitting the clutch disc springs when I adjusted it to move 16mm.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back