The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink How does this E85 log look?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marchev

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2009
Niles, Illinois
Hey guys, so I just switched to E85 yesterday and did some tuning this morning. Let me know if you guys see anything concerning. I am aware of the 2* knock I got just before redline and that will be straightened out. Mods are up to date under profile. 24psi boost on E316g, LC2 wideband logged, targeting ~11-11.3 or so at WOT

PS Any idea why the E316G is only logging ~27lb/m at 24 psi boost? I'm probably wrong but I thought it should be in the high 30lb/m by now?

Thanks for your input!

Attachments

• 1050cc. E85.elg
    330.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Your Global fuel and deadtime are off. Look at your boost EST its reading 8psi when you say your running 24psi. I would start with -34 global and 300-400 deadtime. Make sure you lower the boost and timing and readjust the MAF comp table try to line up Boost est and A/F est. You will need to add + compensation across the whole board. This should bring your boostEst up closer to your actual boost. That in turn will raise your LB/min numbers.

Last edited:
I also just noticed you have a -17.2 on your global scalar. That means your starting with -17.2 on all points of the MAF comp table. I would reset that back to 0.

I've read that you can never line up actual boost-boost est and actual AFR-AFR est at the same time? So I just aligned the afr

I chose to try to make afr/afr est line up since I read getting both is hard, but ended having boost est and actual boost be very close also, running speed density. Also you may be getting knock from being t0o rich up top, you go below 11 afr at high rpm. try to lean out to 11.5-12.0 and the small traces of knock may go away.

I think you may be right about the rich knock, Ill lean it out tomorrow and see how that works out.

Your Global fuel and deadtime are off. Look at your boost EST its reading 8psi when you say your running 24psi. I would start with -34 global and 300-400 deadtime. Make sure you lower the boost and timing and readjust the MAF comp table try to line up Boost est and A/F est. You will need to add + compensation across the whole board. This should bring your boostEst up closer to your actual boost. That in turn will raise your LB/min numbers.
Thanks for clarifying why my airflow is so low. Ill try to play with it more to get the boost est to line up with actual, but I am afraid it will throw my afrs off

It looks like if you just get rid of that 17.2 scalar and fix the global and deadtime your maf comp curve should stay the same. Just start rich and work your way back down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back