The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

How do you replace the fuel pump in 1g gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TGST90

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 28, 2010
Houston, Texas
simply, my old pump went out and this is my first time replacing a fuel pump and I don't want to mess it up or containment my fuel tank so please give me step-by-step on how to do so, thanks.

Im fairly certain if you takke your back seat out, (it just clips in) and look for a removable service panel that should let you pull your fuel pump out, its pretty simple, just turn the plastic retainer nut and pull the assembly out, unplug the wiring, remove the pump and drop your new one in, and try not to drop any nuts into the tank.. chances are you'll never get them back.

Im fairly certain if you takke your back seat out, (it just clips in) and look for a removable service panel that should let you pull your fuel pump out, its pretty simple, just turn the plastic retainer nut and pull the assembly out, unplug the wiring, remove the pump and drop your new one in, and try not to drop any nuts into the tank.. chances are you'll never get them back.

^This is not how it is done on a 1g gst, on a AWD yes. Jack up the back of the car, just infront of the rear suspension is the tank and you will see a I think it is a 6 bolt cover that holds the sending unit on the tank. You will have to drain all the gas out, and there is a plug on the bottom of the tank. This bolt also holds down the other end of the sending unit, so don't think you can bipass draining the gas, you can't but if you want to save the fuel make sure you have a nice clean bucket and mabee a couple paint strainers for when you go to put the fuel back in. If you look at the new pump and the old pump on the sending unit the rest should be easy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back