The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

General 1G how do i stop fuel cut

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbojo

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2011
hazel green, Alabama
how do i stop fuel cut with this set up GM MAF TRANSLATOR with 660 injectors do i still have to tune the ecu to stop fuel cut?

so if i use the GM MAF TRANSLATOR it will still have fuel cut?

Fuel cut is still in the ecu code, but with 660 injectors you shouldn't hit it until you're close to maxing out the injectors.

ok thanks that what i was wondering

Well, you're profile says your mods are stock. So you will most likely just keep on hitting fuel cut with that stock fuel pump.

A boost leak will make you hit fuel cut faster. Also fuel cut had NOTHING to do with the size of your injectors. It's all about how much air is going thru the maf.

Well is the maft setup right? and if your using 660s on stock fuel pump your probably sucking the lines dry with those big injectors and the fuel pump cant keep fuel supplied. since you have gm maf and maft its not maf over run.

Well instead of making a retarded post, maybe you should post something that will help him out and point out the bad info. :thumb:

How about fuel pumps and fuel in general have nothing to do with hitting fuel cut.
Fuel cut is that happens when you exceed the programmed airflow limit in the ECU and the ECU cuts off the injectors.

Thanks for explaining that.

So when he is using a MAFT you can't avoid that?

And if a MAFT or tuning allows you to compensate for those injectors and you run out of fuel because of a crappy fuel pump it's not considered fuel cut? Is it just considered going lean?

Thanks for explaining that.

So when he is using a MAFT you can't avoid that?

And if a MAFT or tuning allows you to compensate for those injectors and you run out of fuel because of a crappy fuel pump it's not considered fuel cut? Is it just considered going lean?

Yes, overrunning the fuel pump would just make it run lean, not cause fuel cut. Fuel cut is a feature in the ecu so that it cuts the fuel when it see's to high of an airflow number from the maf sensor.

So whenever someone posts about how their car has fuel cut and people respond with "Do a fuel pump rewire" they are wrong?

That's nice to know.

So whenever someone posts about how their car has fuel cut and people respond with "Do a fuel pump rewire" they are wrong?

Correct, while rewiring the pump is a good idea it won't do squat for real fuel cut.

If you have a logger you can tell 100% if it's FC, log the injector pulse width. You'll see it go to 0 when the ECU turns off the injectors.

Ok. Cool, got you. Thanks for clearing that up.

Much more helpful than the "OMG , the bad information is killing me in this thread!" post I pointed out.

After telling people over and over to search what fuel cut REALLY is, you get tired of doing legwork for the lazy. It's not like this is the first or second thread ever made on these sites about this subject.

And to answer another question on here, the MAFT does the same thing an AFC does. It simply reduces the amt. of airflow the ECU sees in order to compensate for larger injectors. The side bonus of doing it this way...is you get to push your fuel cut threshhold back a bit. Put too large of an injector in (anything bigger than 660s) and the car will run horrible at part throttle, and possibly detonate at WOT, both scenarios due to too much timing advance

True Mike but rule 3 applies to both of you guys.
First for posting incorrect information and secondly for not debating it respectfully, or at least diplomatically, I can't say that your post was really disrespectful. Throwing the retarded word around on the other hand is disrespectful.

Let's just move on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back