1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

how do i stop fuel cut

Posted by turbojo, Dec 28, 2011

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. turbojo

turbojo Proven Member

Joined Oct 10, 2011
    hazel green, Alabama
    how do i stop fuel cut with this set up GM MAF TRANSLATOR with 660 injectors do i still have to tune the ecu to stop fuel cut?

2. Bud92gsx

Bud92gsx Proven Member

Joined Jan 16, 2008
    Wisconsin, Wisconsin
    If you tune the ecu with bigger injectors yes you can get rid of fuel cut.....

ECMTuning, Inc.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

5K  19  14

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.300 @ 102.400 · 1G DSM
  3. turbojo

turbojo Proven Member

Joined Oct 10, 2011
    hazel green, Alabama
    so if i use the GM MAF TRANSLATOR it will still have fuel cut?

4. pneumo

pneumo Proven Member

Joined Oct 19, 2002
    Bay Area, California
    Fuel cut is still in the ecu code, but with 660 injectors you shouldn't hit it until you're close to maxing out the injectors.

2K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    11.514 @ 118.130 · 1G DSM
  5. turbojo

turbojo Proven Member

Joined Oct 10, 2011
    hazel green, Alabama
    ok thanks that what i was wondering

6. rlacasse1

rlacasse1 Proven Member

Joined Jan 6, 2009
    Scott AFB, Illinois
    Well, you're profile says your mods are stock. So you will most likely just keep on hitting fuel cut with that stock fuel pump.

7. bryanwheat

bryanwheat DSM Wiseman

Joined Aug 16, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri
    A boost leak will make you hit fuel cut faster. Also fuel cut had NOTHING to do with the size of your injectors. It's all about how much air is going thru the maf.

8. ilco187

ilco187 Proven Member

Joined Jan 3, 2009
    Niles, Michigan
    Well is the maft setup right? and if your using 660s on stock fuel pump your probably sucking the lines dry with those big injectors and the fuel pump cant keep fuel supplied. since you have gm maf and maft its not maf over run.

888  0

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    · 1G DSM
  9. NOSLO2PT0

NOSLO2PT0 Proven Member

Joined Aug 31, 2002
    Joliet, Illinois
    OMG, the bad information is killing me in this thread!

10. rlacasse1

rlacasse1 Proven Member

Joined Jan 6, 2009
    Scott AFB, Illinois
    Well instead of making a retarded post, maybe you should post something that will help him out and point out the bad info. :thumb:

11. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    St. Charles, Illinois
    How about fuel pumps and fuel in general have nothing to do with hitting fuel cut.
    Fuel cut is that happens when you exceed the programmed airflow limit in the ECU and the ECU cuts off the injectors.

3K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  12. rlacasse1

rlacasse1 Proven Member

Joined Jan 6, 2009
    Scott AFB, Illinois
    Thanks for explaining that.

So when he is using a MAFT you can't avoid that?

And if a MAFT or tuning allows you to compensate for those injectors and you run out of fuel because of a crappy fuel pump it's not considered fuel cut? Is it just considered going lean?

13. bryanwheat

bryanwheat DSM Wiseman

Joined Aug 16, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri
    Yes, overrunning the fuel pump would just make it run lean, not cause fuel cut. Fuel cut is a feature in the ecu so that it cuts the fuel when it see's to high of an airflow number from the maf sensor.

14. rlacasse1

rlacasse1 Proven Member

Joined Jan 6, 2009
    Scott AFB, Illinois
    So whenever someone posts about how their car has fuel cut and people respond with "Do a fuel pump rewire" they are wrong?

That's nice to know.

15. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    St. Charles, Illinois
    Correct, while rewiring the pump is a good idea it won't do squat for real fuel cut.

If you have a logger you can tell 100 if it's FC, log the injector pulse width. You'll see it go to 0 when the ECU turns off the injectors.

3K  0

manual · 1G DSM
  16. rlacasse1

rlacasse1 Proven Member

Joined Jan 6, 2009
    Scott AFB, Illinois
    Ok. Cool, got you. Thanks for clearing that up.

Much more helpful than the "OMG , the bad information is killing me in this thread!" post I pointed out.

17. NOSLO2PT0

NOSLO2PT0 Proven Member

Joined Aug 31, 2002
    Joliet, Illinois
    After telling people over and over to search what fuel cut REALLY is, you get tired of doing legwork for the lazy. It's not like this is the first or second thread ever made on these sites about this subject.

And to answer another question on here, the MAFT does the same thing an AFC does. It simply reduces the amt. of airflow the ECU sees in order to compensate for larger injectors. The side bonus of doing it this way...is you get to push your fuel cut threshhold back a bit. Put too large of an injector in (anything bigger than 660s) and the car will run horrible at part throttle, and possibly detonate at WOT, both scenarios due to too much timing advance

18. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    St. Charles, Illinois
    True Mike but rule 3 applies to both of you guys.
    First for posting incorrect information and secondly for not debating it respectfully, or at least diplomatically, I can't say that your post was really disrespectful. Throwing the retarded word around on the other hand is disrespectful.

Let's just move on.

3K  0

manual · 1G DSM