The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G how do I run twin scroll waste gate lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmxrider489

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2010
pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I have just recently upgraded to a twin scroll setup with tial mvs wastegates. When I had a single wastegate, I installed the way my aem truboost directions said to. I believe before I had the turbo port going to the solenoid. Then the other end of the solenoid went to a T and had the side port and top port of the wastegate. I also go to the directions from tial and they say to look at the boost controller instructions.

I read a thread on here where the person was only using the side ports and leaving the top open but cant find any supporting threads that back it up. Maybe I should run them as I did with the single gate but with a extra T? If anyone has any pics or have a diagram of how it should be plumbed.

Here are two pics of the setup how I received it. I was confused because the wastegates are not plumbed the same. I am only running spring pressure for now and will have my controller off but want to set it up as if I were to turn up boost when I get it tuned.

Attachments

• 20191012_000103.jpg
    20191012_000103.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • 20191012_000110.jpg
    20191012_000110.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
tee both bottom ports together if youre just running on gate pressure. top ports only get used when you have a ebc. it gets plumbed the same as a single gate but youd tee off each side of the ports going to the gate to go to both gates like in this pic here

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So if I use just wastegate pressure, the top ports get plugged or left open?

With a ebc, do I use the upper half of the waste gate or the port directly on top?

In my pictures, the wastegates are not symmetrical. Curious why?

So if I use just wastegate pressure, the top ports get plugged or left open?

With a ebc, do I use the upper half of the waste gate or the port directly on top?

In my pictures, the wastegates are not symmetrical. Curious why?
i leave the top port open. as far as upper ports as long as its in the top hat of the gate to push air down on the diaphragm it wouldnt matter where. when youre talking about them not being symentrical are you talking about there the ports are located? you can pull the gate apart and rotate all of that stuff.

With being symmetrical, I was referenced to the gates weren't using the same exact ports. However if the top port and the side port on the top hat are the same functionality, then that awncer my question. I'll leave the top port open and run off gate pressure until I can order a extra T fitting and go from the diagram above.

I attached a bad diagram of how I have it plumbed. Is this correct?

The reason I ask is, I think either one gate is opening or my plumbing or ebc settings are incorrect?

Attachments

• gate plumb.png
    gate plumb.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 92
Wanted to update this with a question. Rather than having both top ports going to a T. Since the top section has two ports, could I just run a line from the top port to the other top port on the second gate? Then on the extra port, run that to the controller? If that is to confusing, I'll draw something. Something like this.

Attachments

• 20191125_170834.jpg
    20191125_170834.jpg
    760.4 KB · Views: 88
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back