The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

How do I recirculate my BOV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllusionX90

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2006
Staten Island, New_York
When I bought the car the previous owner had an atomspheric BOV on the car and I want to order an original 1G BOV but can't find them anywhere, he said he would give me the one from the car but has yet to do so. So I got to thinking, is there anyway I would be able to circulate my currect BOV and if not, how and where would I go about recirculating the original.

I took pics of my current setup and what not, I finallly got a camera to do so. Here goes.

Attachments

• 100_0796.jpg
    100_0796.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 309
What brand and model is your BOV? I have seen that a number of manufacturers offer a recirc kit for some of their bov's. Can you unscrew the horn that is on there? If you would rather put a stock one back on ebay is a good place to look or some of the DSM suppliers offer them crushed.

Good luck

If the Bov if a name brand one i would check to see if the company makes a Recirculating kit, If not you can get a 1g Bov off ebay for about 30 bucks The hose goes into the intake look around it the last owner had to plug it up or something.

Looks like you have the Turbo XS RFL Bov, there isnt a recirculating kit made for that because that bov is made to vent to the atmosphere. What you may want to do is try and come up with something to make it recirc. back to the intake or trade someone for a different type of bov that will work with venting back into the intake.

That company (turboxs) doesnt offer recirculation fittings. With that being said, you'd have to custom make something. Just buy a 1g replacement or something that offers recirc.

Is your coil pack supposed to be laying up there on the side of the intake like that? Is that how it is positioned on the cyclone mani?

Edit: beat me to it.

it looks like an h-rfl go to turboxs.com they might make a kit for it, i would give you my h34 but i just sold it. get an h34

i have a 1g adapter kit or from whati see you do too, so get an h34 which is made to recirc and you'll be fine.

So hold on, you can vent your dsm with that kind of bov? or si there still more to it cause my friend really wants to vent his 1g.

that bov is crap..i had three ofthem and all three of them leak...
the best thing to do is a get a crushed bov and recircu. that. its not gonna be fun trying to make a pipe that will go over that horn and than to the intake

i haven;'t had any problems with mine, although with my first one on a stealth rt tt it floatedat idle so i got a stiffer spring and that solved the problem, ive heard of them leaking on alot of cars but some people don'th ave that proble i had one good one and one that leaked that i fixed.

with a small turbo i.e 14b up to a 18g i'd recirculate but if you only care about sound then its your call.

If anyone with this BOV does a boost leak test, you'll find that it does in fact leak. There is a design flaw from the factory for these pieces. To properly vent your BOV, you will need to switch from your current factory MAF setup to a GM MAF and a MAF-T. The easiest way is to buy another BOV and get a piece of hose to recirc to your intake.

I found a couple of 1G on ebay, one of them is uncrushed(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1G-D...014QQitemZ330061299469QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) and the guy wants like 45 dollars and this one is cheaper(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1G-B...002QQitemZ120063516987QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) which would be better for my car?

Yeah that is where the coil pack has been since I got the car, I have my water pump, timing belt etc done and asked them where it should be and they said it was bolted down up there, which I also noticed when I first got the car, it does move or anything but I do realize its in an odd place. So the previous owner had to plug up the intake to vent that right and all I have to do is run hoses from the new BOV to the intake?

I found a couple of 1G on ebay, one of them is uncrushed(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1G-D...014QQitemZ330061299469QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) and the guy wants like 45 dollars and this one is cheaper(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1G-B...002QQitemZ120063516987QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) which would be better for my car?

Both are the same. Go for the cheaper one. In case you don't win the bid and are on the lookout for more, I would suggest only going for the uncrushed ones.

So the previous owner had to plug up the intake to vent that right and all I have to do is run hoses from the new BOV to the intake?

Yes.

i just noticed when ih ad those turbos on my car or a friends car they lagged a bit when running low on boost, then again i didn't mention that before in my earlier post, sorry.

With everthing else constant, larger and more efficient turbos produce lower charge air than smaller turbos at the same psi which translates into more air in the intake tract with the same psi. In other words when venting with the stock maf system, the larger, the more efficient the turbo, the more air you lose to the atmosphere, the more negative effects of venting will be felt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back