The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

How do I make it idle higher

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thank that helped ill have to see if it fixes my stalling problem once I go from gear to neutral wile driving

If stalling out, you need to reset the ISC control unit before fiddling around with the BISS screw.

Or, the ISC unit has failed on you-why the stalling out.

It's not that simple just to increase idle speed. Have to do the adjustments right.

Though Im new to DSM's... From a mechanical standpoint, I'd look for a vacuum, or boost leak of some sort.

A vacuum leak typically will cause idle surge.. have you checked your throttle cable?

Wait a tick. Are to venting orrecirculating your bov with stock maf? Venting will cause stalling.

Lightened flywheels cause stalling, boost leaks cause stalling, injectors not being dialed in causes stalling... you shouldn't just turn the BISS screw out to raise your idle. That'll cause your ISC motor to max out trying to get your car to idle at what the ECU is telling it to. The proper way to do it is to have some sort of tuning method (DSMLink, ECUFlash, Tunerpro?, Jackal?) and go into where it has the target idle RPM number and raise it. From there either adjust your throttle stop or BISS screw to get your target idle and have the ISC motor at around 30 steps or so.

You can't turn up the idle with the mods you have listed in your profile. I'm assuming your GM MAF is in blow through configuration and mounted downstream from the BOV, so you can ignore all the questions about vented or recirculated.

However since you don't have any method to tune your GM MAF, and your 660 injectors. I would say stop driving immediately, install Ecmlink, and have it tuned. That should solve a multitude of problems that you would otherwise be posting in the future.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back