The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

how do I keep oil from leaking......

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix_RsX

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2002
MarylandUS
from where my dejon l and s pipes meet. I came home today, to have to clean it up for lord knows how many times now.......neither one of the pipes move at all, and the sleeve is clamped down tight. However something.....somewhere along the upper pipes has a leak which I'm currently trying to find.....could this "leak" also be the reason why I can no longer run more that 15 psi with all the mods I have?

Originally posted by DSMu4ia
Are you asking for boost leak help?

Or oil leak?

If oil is in your intercooler pipes, either you have a ton of blowby, and its routed back into the intake, or your turbo seals went.

yes I'm asking about oil leak. Blowby? I retightened all the clamps on all the i/c pipes.....things seem fine......for now.

ok....yes I still have that hose hooked up. that part seems easy.....but since I'm an idiot, what is blowby? just in case I expereince it later. I checked the link, and it does make perfect sense....when I first put the pipes on I didn't think it made sense to have oil going through it.....but was too afraid to ask. hahahahahaha thanks man.

and while i'm thinking about this.....could this also be why my timing is getting pulled at more than 15 psi?

and what about the second hose that travels ffrom the intake? All I know is that is goes back towards the firewall, but I can't see where.

Ok...

Blowby is basically worn piston rings and oil getting by. Oil enters the combustion chamber basically.

To have this much would be SUPER severe, hence the part of me saying check your turbo. But also, having a high mileage car, and never doing anything to ward it off, I could see maybe having a puddle in the bottom of your I/C, and eventually working its way up into your IC pipes. Now if you have it dripping out, something is wrong.

If timing is getting pulled, it can be from a bunch of reasons. Air temp, knock, fuel, etc. Definately not from what's wrong currently.

That 2nd hose from the intake goes back under the battery. Leave that one in there for now. You can plug up the other hole with a bolt and some JB weld, or just some JB weld (I forget if its a nipple or whatever). Vacuum caps also work.

HTH.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back