The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

How did you come by your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuLeche

Probationary Member
Mar 16, 2005
Eden, North_Carolina
Stop me if this has been done before. I didn't find any other similar threads really, but it was a little hard to know what to put in the box for a search.

Do tell, how'd you come by your DSM? Was it new when you got it? Plain old car loan, or did you play the system and pull off something squirrelly?

Edit: Forgot to put "trade" on the list. Hopefully there isn't a horde of people who swapped for theirs...

I sold my 96 Grand Prix because I wanted something that went 0-60 in under 10 seconds.

My dad still :tease: at me because all the money I've put in to my car. Oh well, it still smokes even the supercharged ones :shhh:

Will :talon:

the thing is its not my car i just mess with it a lot, he is going to the marines and he wants me to have it wen he leaves but for now its still his. im just getting it ready for him wen he comes back 1998 gst manual

Was looking to buy one for quite a while. After much searching I came across my 1997 Talon TSI AWD with 27k miles on it for 11k...needless to say we drove up there the following weekend and picked it up.

I bought mine brand new with 2 miles on the odometer. I was settled on a 98 GS Spyder but I tested a GS-T while I was on the lot and I liked it. I saw the GSX and asked for a testdrive and immediate fell in love with the car. I bought it right on the spot. :thumb:

About a year ago, I was working for a local Dodge dealership. Some guy dropped off a '92 Talon on a Sunday night and filled out a night-drop envelope that said "Won't start." With nothing but a first name and phone number. One of our mechanics checked it out and said the motor was seized. When a service writer called they guy with the news, he said he didn't have the money to fix it, and told us we could keep the car. So he drops off the title and I offered him $300 for it.

I took it home and checked out the motor, it through a rod through the block! Not only is this a 4g63 motor, but it's a non-turbo 6-bolt 4g63 motor, which means in stock condition, it should be everything but bulletproof. I ordered a motor from Nippon Motors and had the car on the road for less than $1,000. Now, several stock replacement and aftermarket parts later, I have a very reliable daily driver.

My cousin just had a baby girl and couldn't afford his other baby. So I picked up a 95 GST 5 speed for 2000. :D :D :D

Plus it just had the timing belt, water pump, starter, clutch, flywheel, tires, and brand new oil change. :D :rocks:

my car has been quite the little (you'll get the point)

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
person that owned it was my step-sister and she sold it to this one guy
guy had it for a while and sold it to a friend of mine named Joe
Joe had it for a while and it got hit by a drunk driver while parked on the side of the road in the middle of the night
Joe sold it to another friend of ming named Donald
Donald ended up making the car smoke just bad and didn't want to mess with it so he sold it to my friend Tom
Tom and my friend Jerami took the motor out and took it apart, Tom didn't have interest in it anymore so he sold it to Jerami
Jerami realized he didn't have enough money or resourses to finish the project
I traded Jerami my 1978 Monte Carlo with over 200,000 miles on the clock and still running good
so I am the current owner and I almost have it done

1: my step-sister
2: random guy
3: Joe
4: Donald
5: Tom
6: Jerami
7: Me

what a circle

I got mine paying $2000 cash from some guy who lives about 35 miles away from me. It was supposed to be a good running car and all interior was pristine body had a minimal amount of dents and dings, drove it home it overheated and flooded, found a peanut, (yes an actuall peanut shell and all) in my radiatior . Found a bearing that we have no clue what the hell it goes to in my oil pan when we changed the oil pan gasket but other than that...it was worth every penny!!!! :cool: :talon:

my parents paid cash for my car (2200 tho, not like it was a brand new car or anything) i got it used a month ago, and i found it on craigslist.com, where there is another one i am considering purchasing as a parts car cuz its 350 and the guy says the engine is fine,....even tho it got in a front end accident,.i probably wont get it....

I had just put ~$1200 into my car ('97 Civic) and was cruising around and saw the Eclipse at a dealership. Out of curiosity I stopped by to take a look and ended up loving the car. Two days after 'stopping by' I had it sitting in my driveway and "For Sale" signs in the windows of the Civic.

I was going to look at a 89 5.0 GT that was trashed at this persons house that i drove past like everyday. i went and asked about it they said they didnt want to sell it so i started to drive home when i saw this 95 TSI AWD sitting for sale at a local muffler shop. 2 days later and 3800 bucks, it was in my drive way lookin pretty :thumb:

Some wreckless guy decided that the front bumper from his 95 corolla looked good as a repacement for the back bumper of my prelude. Progressive picked up the tab for my new eclipse.

I traded a pocket bike for mine!!! the guy had it sitting in a gradge for 7 years due to valves going into pistions... so i couldn't pass it up in what condidtion it was in.. I then just bought a jdm motor of ebay

I was driving past a lot around here and saw a yellow 01 Mustang GT 'vert sitting there, so I stopped to look at it. A couple rows behind it was a black Talon, so I looked at that and saw TSi AWD written on the back bumper and a stick shift. 6 people called about it within 3 days of it getting there. I picked it up after it had been on the lot for 4 days.

I saved up my money looking for a GST/GSX/TSI/TSI AWD. And i found one. It was in AWESOME shape too. great paint and everything. 90,000 miles. paid $4700 :dsm:

i really wanted a talon, i was very fixed on it, so one day we were drivin and i was lookin at the paper and i saw that someone had a "eagle turbo 4x4 eclipse" went and looked at it, it was a tsi awd talon LOL...made me laugh though calling it an eclipse, picked it up for 2300 cash bone stock.120,000 miles on it
and the second one was a 92.5 talon 6 bolt with an exedy clutch that some kid was just tired of keepin up with the dsm maintanence so i bought it for 2600 cash off him. it had 95k on the body and it was the cleanest thing i ever saw. supposedly had a evo3 motor in it, found out that was bullshit real quick, also he sold me a synchro for the transmission cuz it was bad and he sold me a ruined synchro and second gear...little bastard, his karma caught up with him though his 90 civic si blewup on the way to the drag strip. ended up buying my weak 89 civic hatch with a "ported and polished head" :thumb: LOL. i love my dsms. :talon:

sean :talon:

1st and so far only DSM: 1993 Eagle Talon TSi FWD A/T
$1500($1250US). Took out a loan.

my dad had been eying up my car for a few months cuz it was just sittin at an elevator about 20 miles from my place, and he asked the guy how much he wanted for it, he said $800, so my dad called me up and asked what I thought it was worth, so I went over to take a look at it. Got to lookin at it and I talked to who I thought was the owner, found out it'd been sitting for nearly 2 years and he said it "didn't have spark." I came back the next day with $200 and he handed over the title, turns out it was his oldest sons car, who just happened to be in hot water for busting one of my friends' face on the 4th of july and they would have taken anything to help pay for damages. trailered it home and put it in the shop without tellin my rents right away, turns out my dad wanted to buy it for my little sister and have me fix it for her, but the thought of my little sister with my dream car and me still driving a plymouth breeze scared me. Got to workin on it and the valves were all bent, so I sent it off to a performance shop to get it rebuilt, 6 months later I'm still just waitin to find a decent 16g for it. The motor is finished tho, new head, block bored .020 over, wiseco pistons, stock rods, balance shafts removed, and ARP everything, just to be on the safe side. got a set of 450's and a manual computer, and a set of 550's just waiting for when I get my AFC.

Paid for my GST in cash. Got my job in 10th grade and earned enough before that summer for it. Found it on DSMtrader.com.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back