The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

how cool is this?..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twenty5psi

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2002
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
you get pulled over for speeding,racing or being involved with street racing and instead of a points apointed ticket you get a voucher to go to a speedway to race your car legaly..just saw it on one of my import movies..some town in california,irwindale i think,came up with this idea..i bet they save alot of kids lifes this way and prevent alot of accidents too..pretty unique..:)

Originally posted by herostar
Sweet, I wish RC did something like that. it'd probably just make everyone race so they could get a free pass to the speedway though... heh.

never thought of it like that..LOL..but i think itd give the more "hardcore" streetracers or younger kids a better look at how street racing can be if not more fun than doing it illegaly..:)

Originally posted by twenty5psi
you get pulled over for speeding,racing or being involved with street racing and instead of a points apointed ticket you get a voucher to go to a speedway to race your car legaly..just saw it on one of my import movies..some town in california,irwindale i think,came up with this idea..

Was this supposed to be true, or just fiction? Never heard of it.

I _did_ hear about Texas, in the dark days of the 55 MPH National Maximum Speed Limit, use to sell "coupon" books where you were essentially paying-off speed tickets (over 55, don't know the top) in advance. You get stopped, you turn in a cert.

Small town here, you get busted street racing punishment depends on if you win or not. You win, the officer congratulates you. You lose, you get a ticket for speed contest, one for speeding, one for wreckless driving and one for unsafe start OMG

Um, it sounds cool as hell but until I see a valid news link I'm not buying it! I'm callin BS. Flag anyone?

you get pulled over for speeding,racing or being involved with street racing and instead of a points apointed ticket you get a voucher to go to a speedway to race your car legaly..just saw it on one of my import movies..some town in california,irwindale i think,came up with this idea..i bet they save alot of kids lifes this way and prevent alot of accidents too..pretty unique..:)

what do ya say we fire up a petition to get that goin out in our neck of the woods:)

Originally posted by talon94es
Um, it sounds cool as hell but until I see a valid news link I'm not buying it! I'm callin BS. Flag anyone?

before you call that BS flag venture down to your closest suncoast video and see if they have a street racing documentary called street fury chrome..thats where they even interviewed a cop at the irwandale dragway and thats when he told the camera about it..there were even kids there at the dragstrip because they were vouchured to show up because of being ticketed in the street..its very true my friend..no BS :)

well thats gonna ruin the whole "street racing lifestyle" , the fun of street racing , is that it is ILLEGAL.........

around here, if you get caught street racing and you REALLY beat the other guy, you'll get pulled over.

but if it's close, and you don't do like 100mph in a 35mph, the cops just let it go.

Wouldn't that ecourage street racing ?

I can see some kids thinking: "Hey, let's go race to get some more of those vouchers, II used all mine up..."

Originally posted by Newlogics

Wouldn't that ecourage street racing ?

I can see some kids thinking: "Hey, let's go race to get some more of those vouchers, II used all mine up..."

i think they dont give them out over and over to the same person if your a repeat offender..that would just be stupid..so i hear what your saying..

i have seen in cali at one baseball statium the cops opened it up and have drags like everynight. cop patrolled and its like an event. the marines are out there recruiting and its legal. i think that would be the coolest thing in the world. any night you want just go to the local statium to shut up the stupid ricer talking smack.

before you call that BS flag venture down to your closest suncoast video and see if they have a street racing documentary called street fury chrome..thats where they even interviewed a cop at the irwandale dragway and thats when he told the camera about it..there were even kids there at the dragstrip because they were vouchured to show up because of being ticketed in the street..its very true my friend..no BS :)
Okay, so it may be in the "Video" but that doesn't mean its happening right now. They don't enact laws to hook you up, they enact them to f-u-over. Don't get me wrong I like the idea I just don't see it happening even if it did happen to a few kids in the video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back