The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

How Can I Remove DEI Reflect-A-GOLD Tape?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GST with PSI

DSM Wiseman
Jul 27, 2005
San Diego, California
I have a Magnus Mainfold I picked up used that was wrapped in DEI Reflect-A-GOLD Tape. Have any of you guys figured out the trick to removing this stuff? It is impossible to peel off, and leaves glue and sticky shit everywhere even after it is peeled off. I'd guess sand or media blasting might work, but I don't have access to any of those resources. Any suggestions?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was the original owner of that manifold and with all my pipes wrapped my iat temps (measured at intake manifold) dropped 28F. Also if you use a heat gun and razor, or a decal removing wheel it will come off.

I did this to my J-pipe. I ended up taking a flapper wheels to it on an angle grinder, It would cut through the aluminum quick so I wouldn't advise it. I painted the parts because polishing at that point would of been a pain as well.

Decal wheel sounds like a better option LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back