The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How bad is it??!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTUDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 27, 2005
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
How bad is it and what is the options to get it fixed??! Thats the pass side rocker panel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 293
That is really bad.

The only option is a cut and weld. I beleive miller import parts sells used rocker panels.

Your biggest decision is this car worth it? I imagine it's rusted out under the spare tire and in other places as well if your rocker is that trashed.

Joel

Under spare tire only surface is covered in rust i cleaned with wirewheel as same was on one of the strut tower. Only one side of rocker arm is rusted to hell. I deff wont be getting another shell because im to far already. Im completely rebuilding entire car from new sunroof to the new brake lines...

Under spare tire only surface is covered in rust i cleaned with wirewheel as same was on one of the strut tower. Only one side of rocker arm is rusted to hell. I deff wont be getting another shell because im to far already. Im completely rebuilding entire car from new sunroof to the new brake lines...

Fair enough.

Like I previously stated then, getting a clean used rocker panel is going to be your best option here and then have it professionally installed.

Joel

This is the only option for repair. You'll have to cut the rust out and weld new material in place.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

To really get a good idea of the amount of rust clean all the flaking rust off first. To me it looks like its not easily repairable though. The best bet is to find a car and cut the panels off and get a good shop to do the work. A good body shop will charge 1000 to 1500 for the cutting and welding. Then you have to paint all the areas that you replace and color match and if the paint is old you may have to paint more than whats affordable. The paint can cost as little as 1000 to 3000 depending on how much they have to paint. Find a body shop make friends and pray.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back