The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

How are my chances against this fbody

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awdsm drft

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2003
None, Louisiana
'93 Z28 Auto
SLP CAI, Cut Out, Sub Frames
264.3 RWHP 297.1 RWTQ
13.704 @ 100

0 - 100 How are my chances? I'll be 100 octane and 17lbs. Were running this weekend and there are alot of bragging rights involved. Any advice or tips?

my mods:

low milage jdm 6 bolt, hks upper intercooler piping, joe p manual boost controller, joe p test pipe, autometer sport comp boost gauge, K&N filter, walbro 190lph fuel pump, free mods, ngk bpr7es plugs, flowtech cut-out after downpipe

Using a 7 inch wide wheel with good tires. Clutch is only a few thousand miles old. Weather should be around 70 degrees.

you racing a quarter mile even?? at a track or just 0-100 on the street, either way its similar distances.
your car would probably run around that in the quarter mile, his 13.7, but your trap will be considerably less than 100mph i would imagine.
a quarter mile race i say close call, a 0-100mph, very close.
this is really a drivers race.
tips: dont dump the clutch, be prepared to get caught by the camaro, i imagine he will catch you

If you launch good, you'll get the jump. And if he drives well you will get caught, good luck either way and post the results:thumb:

By sent you a pm, did you mean I didnt send you a pm?

Cause I never got one. LOL

Okay nevermind, just got it.

No, I've had a launch technique down for awhile. Able to leave the hole with 2-3lbs and not break anything...so far.

*update

Ran him from 0-125, held a one car lead the entire time.

:dsm: :thumb:

i'm looking at the numbers you put up here. my old 87 gt mustang ran 14.1 at 99mph. i had no where near 264 whp, i was maybe 220whp. the 264whp should put him in the high 12s.
my car stock put down 220 to the wheels and ran at best a 13.1. even though i would jump off the line, 44 hp would definetly be able to reel me in.

Originally posted by awdsm drft
'93 Z28 Auto
SLP CAI, Cut Out, Sub Frames
264.3 RWHP 297.1 RWTQ
13.704 @ 100

0 - 100 How are my chances? I'll be 100 octane and 17lbs. Were running this weekend and there are alot of bragging rights involved. Any advice or tips?

my mods:

low milage jdm 6 bolt, hks upper intercooler piping, joe p manual boost controller, joe p test pipe, autometer sport comp boost gauge, K&N filter, walbro 190lph fuel pump, free mods, ngk bpr7es plugs, flowtech cut-out after downpipe

Using a 7 inch wide wheel with good tires. Clutch is only a few thousand miles old. Weather should be around 70 degrees.

4th gen camaros are really slow outa the hole i mean really really slow
unless he has head work u should have the upper hand outa the whole but they are top end beasts cause of the lt1 but i think u can get him good luck

Originally posted by ldstang50
i'm looking at the numbers you put up here. my old 87 gt mustang ran 14.1 at 99mph. i had no where near 264 whp, i was maybe 220whp. the 264whp should put him in the high 12s.
my car stock put down 220 to the wheels and ran at best a 13.1. even though i would jump off the line, 44 hp would definetly be able to reel me in.

A Mustang will launch a ton harder than an F body. I have a buddy that put 316 to the wheels and on sticky tires he ran a 12.6 @ 112. Another reason most of them dont cut great 60 ft is because they have a weak ass 10 bolt and they break somewhat easy. The same buddy, on slicks, cut a 1.8 60ft dumping it hard and the other guy in a Mustang cut the same 60 ft on 18's with regular street tires.

Michael
:laser: :talon:

Your mustang also weighed a few hundred pounds less than an fbody.

They're a 14 second car stock. With ballpark of 235-250hp to the wheels. So how do you figure its going to run 12's with just 15-30 extra hp???

For those who didn't read the update, I beat him. Held a one car lead up to 125mph. I let off then and he did the same.

Originally posted by awdsm drft
They're a 14 second car stock. With ballpark of 235-250hp to the wheels. So how do you figure its going to run 12's with just 15-30 extra hp???

For those who didn't read the update, I beat him. Held a one car lead up to 125mph. I let off then and he did the same.
235-250 to wheels stock, where'd you get that?? they are stock 275 out of the crank, which means they are putting down in the neigherborhood f 220-225 to the wheels. 265 to the wheels is good for over 300 at the crank figuring the average 25%power loss through the drive train. and they ran 13.8 stock. with a good driver and a good day the numbers above would be very close to 12 sec car. i'm not doubting you beat him, i was just pointing out what i thought was an error in the numbers put up

235-250 to wheels stock, where'd you get that?? they are stock 275 out of the crank, which means they are putting down in the neigherborhood f 220-225 to the wheels. 265 to the wheels is good for over 300 at the crank figuring the average 25%power loss through the drive train. and they ran 13.8 stock. with a good driver and a good day the numbers above would be very close to 12 sec car. i'm not doubting you beat him, i was just pointing out what i thought was an error in the numbers put up

LT-1 cars are 14 second cars bone stock.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back