The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Hope for Haiti

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

you know what, i really do not like to get into politics, cause that is what it is. i don't want people to think that i do not feel bad for those people. i do. but i feel that our country that we live in is in complete crisis. we can't feed the people that are homeless here. but we are going to go over there, and as obama says, we are going to rebuild the country for them. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? here we have troops (veterans) in this country that live on the streets. but lets send thousands of troops over there. how about we use the money that they are going to send over there, and help our future.
it is not like all the taxpayers in this country have a choice if we want our tax money to go there.
i think that all the big-wigs need to wake up. i had the same job for 15 years,economy falls off, and my company goes under. i search fruitlessly for a job, to no avail. i struggle every day of my life just to put food on the table for my family. how bout eveyone donate 10.00 to my good cause.?????????????

If it happened to you, I would help. So wouldn't a million other good people who don't care about Politics....people who care about another person's life.

I'm a Soldier, and I have close friends, Soldiers there right now helping to make a difference.

Knowing that if I can give someone like the American Red Cross ten measly dollars to give someone who hasn't had anything to eat or drink in a week, an IV bag of fluids so they could survive a horrible natural disaster...to me that makes all the difference. Haiti, China, Russia, or Los Angles....none of that matters.....these aren't combatants, or terrorists trying to strike fear and violence into our lives. These are starving, innocent men, women, and children.

You really think a 5 year old child starving to death right now cares about our heath care crisis? Politics? Government BS? Or our credit card bills? Or our bill from Slowboy racing for that new GT35R turbo kit?

If this happened to us, would they be here for America?

You really think that way? Do you realize how selfish that sounds?

Do you have any conception of how lucky you are to be an American? I'm all for domestic support, but when you are a leader.....a true leader above all others, you have a personal responsibility to make a difference for all human beings. No one requests where they are from.....we are all born into the lives we have. As Americans, and as privileged as we are (trust me, I've seen many other countries, we are blessed) there is no excuse for not helping someone who has no choice but to survive the hand that they are dealt.

Last edited:
All these clebs trying to get positive PR off this shit can eat shit and die far as I am concerned. This country has it's own problems and people it should be helping. I say #### them, take care of our own for a change. I am so sick of my tax dollars going to ear mark retarded bull shit and trying to police the world.

Sorry I feel this way, But we as americans have enough on our plates with the boarder to the south, Economy, This Medical bill. We cant baby sit hati. Why are the other countries in that area helping? Why does it always seem to happen that when this stuff happens all these people that hate americans all look at us to lead the way to help?

This country has always been poor and will always be poor. But I guess that the comunity orginizer coming out in O'bama.

I guess I fall into the category of being a selfish coldhearted asshole. I'm all for helping a good cause, but I'm broke as a joke. When I used to be a little more well off I had supported two "prayer children" in a Christian orphanage south of the border through Pottersfield Ranch ministries.

I think with the state of our country, given all of our starving, malnourished, and homeless, let one of our UN allies take this one. America has done a lot for other countries, but right now the idea of stretching our resources even thinner worries the hell out of me. There's plenty of other countries that have the means to help Haiti out.

If it happened to you, I would help. So wouldn't a million other good people who don't care about Politics....people who care about another person's life.

I'm a Soldier, and I have close friends, Soldiers there right now helping to make a difference.

Knowing that if I can give someone like the American Red Cross ten measly dollars to give someone who hasn't had anything to eat or drink in a week, an IV bag of fluids so they could survive a horrible natural disaster...to me that makes all the difference. Haiti, China, Russia, or Los Angles....none of that matters.....these aren't combatants, or terrorists trying to strike fear and violence into our lives. These are starving, innocent men, women, and children.

You really think a 5 year old child starving to death right now cares about our heath care crisis? Politics? Government BS? Or our credit card bills? Or our bill from Slowboy racing for that new GT35R turbo kit?

ok, soldier, how bout you go and help all of your fellow veterans that you see at all the city intersections' holding up the sign "will work for food"? that is where ALL of the money we are sending over there SHOULD be going.
alot of my family members are in the service too, so how bout we help out our own children and families in our own country?
you asked if everyone could donate 10.00 to them. do me a favor, when you send your 10 MEASLEY DOLLARS, send them 10 bucks for me too. thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
#### Haiti, it sucks to be them but we owe them NOTHING!! It is not our responsibility to help 3rd worlders, and it is immoral to promote such a complete and total waste of money, manpower, and resources on those who flat out deserve nothing. Waste your money on this and then go to the local soup kitchen and tell those AMERICANS that its okay that they're hungry because at least some illiterate 3rd world scum is eating tonight because of you. If this offends you, you have no moral compass and need to check yourself because all you are is some mindless little robot, sorry, truth is truth.

Also, mikelv, you've got some badass cars, could be a nice guy, but stick to taking orders like a good little grunt because you are painfully not equipped to do any of the thinking.

We need to put money into our own country Fu** haiti

You really think that way? Do you realize how selfish that sounds?

Do you have any conception of how lucky you are to be an American? I'm all for domestic support, but when you are a leader.....a true leader above all others, you have a personal responsibility to make a difference for all human beings. No one requests where they are from.....we are all born into the lives we have. As Americans, and as privileged as we are (trust me, I've seen many other countries, we are blessed) there is no excuse for not helping someone who has no choice but to survive the hand that they are dealt.

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. If we were to be hit by something of magnitude, no other country would pitch in to help us. Oh wait, it did it was called Katrina. Sorry guess you didn't think of that. Why don't we have another HOPE FOR KATRINA to help the rest of the people that are still displaced from what was their home.

Why don't we have a HOPE FOR ECONOMY? HOPE FOR INDUSTRY? Oh, that's right because as Americans we only want to look good to the world that hates us. Build America back up and make sure everyone has a home and a steady income, where they can live the American Dream, then we can worry about other nations.

What about all the people in America that loses their jobs, their houses, their family? Why do you want to support other countries and not your own. Until every American is living the American dream and being FREE and Privileged, I will not support any other country.

^^^^^Well said rock1t I like you already, unfortunately the 'geniuses' *cough* who support this help others/anti-American mindset are also the same ones who want to sell out America because they don't understand Capitalism, and that it is 'Life, Liberty, and the PURSUIT of Happiness' not 'ENTITLEMENT of Happiness'...not hand-outs, not special help, but hard work and INTELLIGENCE!

Most of you sound like morons.
Seriously, stop being so narrow minded.
Take a look at all the help we got from Hurricane Katrina. AFGHANISTAN EVEN HELPED US.
International response to Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, you guys are rediculous. Complaining you struggle to feed your family, yet you have modded dsms.....
Some people in Haiti haven't even seen a car.

'Narrow Minded'? The last resort of the MINDLESS when they can't get their huggy feely nonsense to pass the logic test. GROW UP. Do you even know what 'open minded' is? No, of course you don't. Open minded is when you CONSIDER all the options-pros and cons- before making a decision, not when you blindly follow and repeat what the moronic majority says is proper. Helping the useless doesn't make you a good person as you obviously and so desperately want; just wastes resources and proves you can't think for yourself. Also, following your 'thought process' any decision, by definition, is close minded to someone. You are a sheep, and only contribute to the downfall of America.

People like you make me sick. Seriously, try thinking for once. You really suffer from diarrhea of the mouth. :barf:
:beatentodeath: :tease: :sosad:

The point of this thread was to show how we can help Haiti, if you want to. He wasn't saying everyone has to, he wasn't forcing people to. Just giving you the information. Please keep the political crap out of here.

If you can help, great. If not, that's fine too. Yes, there are A LOT of people in the world that need help and we can't help them all. I think as long as you help out someone, that is better than nothing. There is no need to bash anyone.

No bashing done until a 'nice guy' decided to call all dissenters 'morons'. Cast not the first stone, right?

And, I'm fine with 'genius harvesting'. You show me a haitian that's actually intelligent and actually has potential, then I'm 100% behind bringing them here and making sure they achieve their full potential. THAT is good for everyone.

Better yet, this is a site about our wonderful DSMs, not a political forum...you start that and things will always get heated. Let's just stick to cars, be cool, and not talk about wasting resources.

No bashing done until a 'nice guy' decided to call all dissenters 'morons'. Cast not the first stone, right?

And, I'm fine with 'genius harvesting'. You show me a haitian that's actually intelligent and actually has potential, then I'm 100% behind bringing them here and making sure they achieve their full potential. THAT is good for everyone.

Better yet, this is a site about our wonderful DSMs, not a political forum...you start that and things will always get heated. Let's just stick to cars, be cool, and not talk about wasting resources.

Excuse me, who are you?

Mature.
Anyways, you're a new member. I really don't think you should be disrespecting a soldier who is a known person on this forum. I feel even embarrassed that you want to start a flame war with me. I didn't direct anything at anyone. I said most people. I didn't say which side, now, we all look stupid. Yes you, Yes me. Stop disrespecting people and go contribute something helpful to this website, as opposed to being a troll.

WTF Wow. Weirdest response to a thread ever.

I'm a little tired of seeing Beyonce sing about it on every channel...but even I'm not as heartless and cruel as some of these people. And I'm a bi*** and a half.

If I had money to spare, bet your ass I'd be helping out. All I have to offer is my condolences to all of the lives disrupted by this tragedy.

Pay it forward, Guys.

Most of you sound like morons.
Seriously, stop being so narrow minded.
Take a look at all the help we got from Hurricane Katrina. AFGHANISTAN EVEN HELPED US.
International response to Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, you guys are rediculous. Complaining you struggle to feed your family, yet you have modded dsms.....
Some people in Haiti haven't even seen a car.

so, i will sound like a moron, lofty. now do me a favor and where you punched in about the hurrican katrina help, go under the wikipedia for haiti right now, and see all the hundreds of millions that already have been donated to them............... and while you are at it, you can send them 10 dollars for me too

Mature.
Anyways, you're a new member. I really don't think you should be disrespecting a soldier who is a known person on this forum. I feel even embarrassed that you want to start a flame war with me. I didn't direct anything at anyone. I said most people. I didn't say which side, now, we all look stupid. Yes you, Yes me. Stop disrespecting people and go contribute something helpful to this website, as opposed to being a troll.

and i do not think that is even your place to tell him that, i remember when you first became a member on here, you were and still are fast with the keys.LOL... and we are all entitled to our own opinions, same as you and me.
and what does me having a modded car have to do withme struggling to feed my family. say i bought the car 10 years ago and did all the work to it, and now lose my job.......... that comment makes no sense. but hey, lofty, i think you and me should sit down and have a drink together and argue over nothing till we are drunk LOL

Last edited:
I'm down with helping because it's what we do. I also agree that we have a monstrosity of our own problems to deal with here. But Obama (I'm a conservative) did what any other president would have done. It's our role, unfortunately. As America, we're damned if we do; damned if we don't. However, I am against pouring anymore money into a country that we've given over 2 billion dollars to, if I remember correctly over the past years. I could be wrong with that number, so feel free to correct me with proof.

The problem is where the money goes. Giving it to the Haitian government does not allow the money to help its people. Unfortunately, unless their government changes (which it won't) there really isn't anything we can do short of taking the country over to help them. We can provide them aid, assist with the clean-up, etc... but once all that is over, that country will go back to the same ol' crap.

In short, I am cool with donating and helping until this situation is over; after that, we're done. And giving their government anymore money is as wasteful as the Stimulus Bill that wasn't going to allow unemployment "to go over 8%". It's been 10% for how long now? Exactly.

You know what, for all those who any positive responses, great. It's good to see all those willing to help a fellow human being. Thank you, and the children of Haiti thank you for your support.

I'm not here to argue with any of you. I am only spreading the word to all message boards I hang out on. If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all.

Don't judge me and don't ever question my patriotism towards our Veterans....considering I'm a combat veteran myself (3 tours) I support every single effort to give ALL our Veterans every opportunity they deserve.

This conversation has nothing to do with that, it's all about helping innocent men, woman and children that are starving to death and have no where to turn to. Nothing, nothing at all except the hope that others out there care....well if you don't that's fine....that's on you....if you can sleep at night I guess that's on you.

Don't bother arguing with me because this will be my last response, I'm not posting on 15 different message boards to start another debate. Just post your complaining comments so you can have the last word.....because we all know that is so important to you. I got better things to do with my time, like donate blood to the American Red Cross to help all those foreign, and domestic survive unthinkable odds.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back