The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Hoonigirl’s GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So my eclipse was spazzing out... the symptoms were so weird tho. The antilock light would come on as my radio turned off but the weirdest thing is that as soon as that happened, every single time I accelerated, the temp gauge would rise. As I let go of the gas, the temp would immediately start to drop. If I hit the brakes, the temp gauge would drop quick af and stopping would bring the temp gauge perfectly in the middle. Meaning I would idle at perfectly normal temp but accelerating cause a heat up...? I’ve had my share of oldies in my experience that’s kinda ass backwards, right? Also, as soon as I tapped the brakes the antilock light would turn off and my radio would start to kick up again. Was my car actually heating up? I was thinking maybe it’s all just stemming from some kind of electrical problem and it was the gauge, not the actual temp that was affected? Anyways she’s safely in the shop... I’ll know soon for sure

Sound like an electrical issue, I'd check the alternator first to make sure it's charging properly. Battery and it's connections nexts, making sure the terminals and cables are clean and not corroded, and the battery has a steady, resting voltage of ~12.6 volts.

After that is checked and verified good/fixed, go from there.

Sound like an electrical issue, I'd check the alternator first to make sure it's charging properly. Battery and it's connections nexts, making sure the terminals and cables are clean and not corroded, and the battery has a steady, resting voltage of ~12.6 volts.

After that is checked and verified good/fixed, go from there.
100% correct! Got the alternator replaced and 2 motor mounts that needed replacing as well , talk about a smooth ride

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back