1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Hoonigirl’s GST

Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. Smileygst

Smileygst Probationary Member

Joined Mar 24, 2019
    Miami, Florida

284  4

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  2. Smileygst

Joined Mar 24, 2019
    Miami, Florida
    So my eclipse was spazzing out... the symptoms were so weird tho. The antilock light would come on as my radio turned off but the weirdest thing is that as soon as that happened, every single time I accelerated, the temp gauge would rise. As I let go of the gas, the temp would immediately start to drop. If I hit the brakes, the temp gauge would drop quick af and stopping would bring the temp gauge perfectly in the middle. Meaning I would idle at perfectly normal temp but accelerating cause a heat up...? I’ve had my share of oldies in my experience that’s kinda ass backwards, right? Also, as soon as I tapped the brakes the antilock light would turn off and my radio would start to kick up again. Was my car actually heating up? I was thinking maybe it’s all just stemming from some kind of electrical problem and it was the gauge, not the actual temp that was affected? Anyways she’s safely in the shop... I’ll know soon for sure

284  4

fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  3. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Sound like an electrical issue, I'd check the alternator first to make sure it's charging properly. Battery and it's connections nexts, making sure the terminals and cables are clean and not corroded, and the battery has a steady, resting voltage of ~12.6 volts.

After that is checked and verified good/fixed, go from there.

Street Build 95  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

226  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 739  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 938  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    Dreams Realized likes this.
  4. Smileygst

Joined Mar 24, 2019
    Miami, Florida
    100% correct! Got the alternator replaced and 2 motor mounts that needed replacing as well , talk about a smooth ride

284  4

fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
    ThunderChild likes this.